Mythie Might Have To Have SURGERY!!!

blondiecat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow I so sorry that she is sick. The Sammycat had a hairall blockage about 4 months ago that required him to spend that night and all day at the vets office. Thankfully no surgery had to be done to clear him up. Now I am feeding him a hairball remedy Iams catfood and he gets a hairball remedy ointment twice a week. He really likes that stuff, he will lick it right off my finger and push Oscar out of the way to get to it.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
G

ghostuser

We went to the vet at about 11 this morning.
She's better.
Some of the gas has cleared so she's less bloated and she seemed in slightly better spirits.

The second xray showed that the lump has moved down further.
The vet has given her a laxative which should push it down even further. And hopefully push it out.

He hasn't mentioned surgery again so that's a relief.
Em....
What else...
We're going back to see her later.

She ate a little bit while we were there.
We're not out of the woods yet, but i do have a feeling she'll be okay.
And besides if there's one person we'd trust our cats with it's our vet. They're really amazing!

Anyway,
Thanks guys.

Will post an update again later.

jasminecat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Suraya i have been following this thread since yesterday, was praying and hoping kitty would be ok.
I'm really glad poor baby is better this morning.

Sending more get better vibes (((())))

G

ghostuser

Blondiecat!
The Sammycat
... i thought we were the only people in the whole world who sometimes refer to our cats with a 'the' before their names...
Eg...The Bobbie or The Zooey
or ... Help! There's a Mythie on the rug!

debby

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm so glad to hear she is better!!!! My thoughts and prayers are with Mythie tonight!!! Keep us posted!!!!!!

cassandra_starr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am just seeing this. I'm terribly sorry about your baby, and I'll be praying as well. It sounds like things are starting to look up, and lemme tell ya.. if I was sick I'd be thrilled to have a mommy like you who goes so far out of her way to make me as comfortable as possible.

G

ghostuser

Here's the latest update:

The vet says apart from what ever it was she swallowed she has developed some sort of infection that is melting the fat in her body.

What does this mean?

[I won't be able to check this thread for a couple of days maybe...]

The vet said she's now under agressive treatment to stop the infection from spreading. He mentioned something called nicosis? nikosis? not sure of the spelling.... He said it's quite common in cats. In the advanced stages the skin starts to fall off!

What a nightmare!

Does anyone have any info on what might be going on with our kitty?

Please send her some get well vibes guys....
I'm super worried.

When we spoke to the vet on the phone (we've called him everyday since being here) he was hesitant to say wether she'd even make it

I wish i had stayed at home.

Any info would be greatly appreaciated guys...

shell

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OH NO!! Many prayers to Mythie and you guys!! We're all pulling for her to make it.
Many hugs Suraya!((((((((((((((((((HUGS))))))))))))))))))))))))

G

ghostuser

Thanks so much shell....
Mythie is in the best hands though... if there's anyone we have faith in its our vet.

I'm also getting her long distance reiki... every little bit helps.
keep those vibes coming guys.

sicycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh no how scary!! They have to be able to do something I'm sure!

**** good vibes ****

G

ghostuser

em... just a favour... could someone bump tis thread for me till i get some info please?
it's quite hard for us to get to the internet cafe here
Thanks

shell

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Maybe you could PM Hissy or Sandie...they usually don't visit the Lounge very often. Or you could post about Mythie in the Health forum?

God guys..I just feel horrible about what is happening. I've never hear of this before. I can't imagine how hard it is for you being away from her too...it just makes me want to cry!

george'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so sorry to hear this.
I just checked your thread minutes ago to see if there were any updates. Your latest news saddens me.

I think the word you are looking for is necrosis.

I have a medical dictionary at work.
It has many definitions (almost an entire page) depending on the actual diagnosis/site.

For example:
The sum of the morphological changes indicative of cell death and caused by the progressive degradative action of enzymes; it may affect groups of cells or part of a structure or an organ.

Perhaps she had damage to her intestines from the blockage?? This is just a thought.

My prayers are with you & poor Mythie.

Laurie

:angel2:

superkitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, I've just got a huge knot in my stomach now...hugs to you, furiously sending healing vibes.

sandie

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
If you could give me a little more info, I may be able to shed some light on some of it for you. Necrosis is used to describe death of tissue.
Because of her situation, I can only imagine there was some damage to the intestine, or if she wasn't eating during the ordeal she may have developed Hepatic Lipidosis, or cholangiohepatitis.
You are more than welcome to post any additional info here, or e mail me, my e mail is available. I hope all goes well for her!!