Mystery solved!!!!!

mazie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

As someone raised with dogs (boxers), I always thought dogs had very expressive faces and that cats always looked the same.  Ha ha!  
  I've certainly learned differently since having cats! 
I couldn't agree more with you!!! Lol

misterwhiskers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Omg!! Our little girl has become a woman?

So I guess her spay will have to wait a few weeks?

Wow. Hard to imagine, but I guess she really is old enough.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kntrygrl256

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Yes and she is driving me crazy. All she wants is to be held and loved on.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
OMG!!  

Zander has become a Woman Cat!!!  

OH NO!

how could that have happened???!!!!!   

She was just a baby!!!!!

I am so confused!!    

So glad that she is still with you!

I apologize for not keeping up with posting on this thread. 
   I have gone over it and it is amazing.....

Zander has the cutest face..so expressive. I just love her "little" nose...It gives her so much character. 

Bless you for handling everything with grace, and keeping Zander in high priority..and for dealing with this heat episode....

I am a firm believer that we were given our cat for a reason...you certainly have fulfilled that 'reason"

Know that I will never forget little Zander, her story and you with your dedication!!

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
It appears little Zander is growing up.   I just went to the beginning of this thread and saw it was July 9 when you found her, so that's 7 months tomorrow.   And I had forgotten, Zander was a "he" for the first couple of weeks.

kntrygrl256

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Jealous c

If she's oin heat, why can't she be spayed. She's not preggers is she? Our little precocious baby.
No she's not pregnant. Many vets don't like to spay when a cat is in heat. Just their preference.

I marked on my calendar her first day of full heat cycle so I will plan on her spay in two weeks just to make sure she is over the stress of her cycle.

Poor baby is pitiful.

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No she's not pregnant. Many vets don't like to spay when a cat is in heat. Just their preference.

I marked on my calendar her first day of full heat cycle so I will plan on her spay in two weeks just to make sure she is over the stress of her cycle.

Poor baby is pitiful.
Is she crying a lot. Poor baby doesn't what's going on. There's no way she can get preggers right? No nasty make around to rape her? ,
It's so awful for female kitties 'making love!!!!'.

kntrygrl256

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Is she crying a lot. Poor baby doesn't what's going on. There's no way she can get preggers right? No nasty make around to rape her? ,
It's so awful for female kitties 'making love!!!!'.
Oh no there are no males around and she is not allowed outside. She always had such a soft mew but now the poor baby makes some loud crazy sounds. She don't have a clue what's happening to her. She just wants to be held and loved on so I usually end up carrying her around and petting her most of the time when I'm home.

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh no there are no males around and she is not allowed outside. She always had such a soft mew but now the poor baby makes some loud crazy sounds. She don't have a clue what's happening to her. She just wants to be held and loved on so I usually end up carrying her around and petting her most of the time when I'm home.
Lucky zander bring spoiled by mum

kntrygrl256

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Yes she is and she knows it. She deserves it after all she has been through.

She usually wakes me up around 3:30 AM to get some attention. Once she's had enough she will go to sleep and I get to sleep the rest of the night with her laying by my head purring.

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
Poor baby Zander, it is so tough watching some cats when they are in heat.  One of mine you'd never have known, while her sister would be wailing 24/7 and dragging herself round the apartment on her back totally distraught.  It was so upsetting to watch and I couldn't get that vet appointment fast enough.  I hope Zander settles soon so you can all get some sleep!

Fingers and toes crossed already for her little op' when it happens.  

Last edited:

kntrygrl256

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

Poor baby Zander, it is so tough watching some cats when they are in heat.  One of mine you'd never have known, while her sister would be wailing 24/7 and dragging herself round the apartment on her back totally distraught.  It was so upsetting to watch and I couldn't get that vet appointment fast enough.  I hope Zander settles soon so you can all get some sleep!

Fingers and toes crossed already for her little op' when it happens.  

I had a Siamese mix that was awful!!!!!  She was so bad, she sounded like a newborn baby crying day and night. I made her appointment as soon as I could get her in.

Luci was that way. I never knew she was in heat. Poor Zander was terrible. She is settling down now.

How long does a heat cycle usually last? I want to go ahead and make her appointment.

kntrygrl256

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
UPDATE ON LITTLE MISS ZANDER....

I  know it's been a while but life has been very hectic lately.

Zander is scheduled to be spayed next Tuesday. I was hoping for tomorrow but they can't get her in.

Since she was in heat, she has been bullying Luci. I mean chasing her down. Not fighting but hissing, growling and slapping at her. She will back her into a corner and do this. I have to keep them separate because I don't want it to escalate to anything more. She has also gotten more aggressive with me so I'm sure this will help on that.

I know they are stressed because of some family issues but once she is spayed and I get life back on track I hope she will settle down.

I don't have any updated pictures but I will get some soon.

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
I'm sure that once the big day arrives it will feel like this week has passed all too quickly as you hand your Zanderbaby over to the vets, and once you have her safe and sound back home with you all the dynamics between Zander and Luci will settle quickly.   

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm sure that once the big day arrives it will feel like this week has passed all too quickly as you hand your Zanderbaby over to the vets, and once you have her safe and sound back home with you all the dynamics between Zander and Luci will settle quickly.   
:vibes: :vibes: :vibes:
Good luck little zander baby. You mustn't let all this fame go to your head. Nobody likes a conceited kitty.

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
UPDATE ON LITTLE MISS ZANDER....

I know it's been a while but life has been very hectic lately.

Zander is scheduled to be spayed next Tuesday. I was hoping for tomorrow but they can't get her in.

Since she was in heat, she has been bullying Luci. I mean chasing her down. Not fighting but hissing, growling and slapping at her. She will back her into a corner and do this. I have to keep them separate because I don't want it to escalate to anything more. She has also gotten more aggressive with me so I'm sure this will help on that.

I know they are stressed because of some family issues but once she is spayed and I get life back on track I hope she will settle down.

I don't have any updated pictures but I will get some soon.
I have just spent well over 2 hours reading this from beginning to end.
My eyes are so tired and I'm bursting lol.
It's an amazing thread. Thank goodness you thought of looking up her nose. She's certainly not poor zander any more and I just love her nose. It gives her character. Hugs and kisses to both of you.

kntrygrl256

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Aw thanks!!! 

I have re-read it a couple times myself. I'm amazed at how far she's come.

kittychick

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Good luck with the spaying! I'm sure it'll solve all the aggression issues - and it sounds like you're taking it all in stride - even if she isn't! :)

I'm sure all will go fine - but we'll certainly be thinking about her during her spay and recovery!