Mystery solved. Reason for my 14 year old meowing constantly. She had an ulcer on her paw.

buddy5000

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My poor 14 year old Sheila was following me around meowing constantly.  I finally saw the problem on her paw.  Her paw was bleeding.  I took her to the vet and she had an ulcer on her paw.  They cauterized it and she is now quiet and peaceful.  Poor thing. 

She still pees outside the box. 

laralove

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, Buddy5000, I'm glad she's doing better. Hopefully a few more days will have her going back in the box! It must be a big relief for you, though, to have some peace and quiet again!

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
Oh, that's so great.  What a relief to find out what was hurting your girl and get her feeling better!  

red top rescue

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
You might try switching to one of the very soft litters like sWheatScoop.  It's very good for sensitive paws.  But you may have to put her in it to show her it's soft.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

buddy5000

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise

I did get a super soft litter but she won't use it.  I am going to put her in it again..  I caught her today going outside the box and gently put her in and she did go in the box.  I rewarded her with a treat and a good girl.

By the way the vet was so impressed by her allowing him to cauterize her paw.  He said he didn't know if she would allow it.  I held her and talked to her with my face next to hers and she was so good and brave it was incredible how animals will endure pain just because they trust you as their owners.  I talked her through the procedure she was awesome.  The vet knowing her past history of having a liver shunt and her weight of only being 5.2lbs and an incredible heart murmer said she was a survivor and called her a miracle.  He said she should of died September 2011 with all her problems and when I asked him how much longer she had he just shook his head and said she was a miracle and had no answer for me.

Last edited: