Mysterious wet spot left on lap?

TikkaBeer

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
There have been a two incidents in the past month where, after sitting on my lap, Tikka left a wet spot about two inches wide. It seemed to be clear/watery, without a strong smell or any coloring. Based on this and the way she was sitting, we eliminated a few possibilities: urine, drool, anal gland secretion. I looked online and saw many people have noticed a similar issue, but nobody had any explanation. Any thoughts on what it might be? Could it be some kind of condensation, sweat, vaginal secretion/discharge, or something else?

For added context, she did have chronic UTIs in the past, but during these incidents her litter box use has been regular, she hasn’t seemed to be in pain, and as far as we could tell there was no blood in the liquid. She’s also been receiving d-mannose which has kept the UTIs at bay. She also has a mammary tumor/cancer now, but the vets haven’t found any signs of the tumor rupturing.

Any help would be appreciated!

stephanietx

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm guessing it's anal glad secretion, but that's usually pretty smelly, and not in a good way.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

TikkaBeer

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Can you feel the liquid seeping onto you while she's there, or only after she leaves?
Hard to say since I can’t see under her while she’s sitting there, but there may have been a moment a felt something warm down there similar to liquid seeping