mysterious cat injury

Aurel

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hello

We have a stray we neutered and he hangs around. Recently he has been coming around with a massive black buildup on half of his face. It has started to come down to reveal it was pretty badly injured. Since its injury I wont send a direct image but a link to my G.Drive. I want to ask if anyone could suspect what this could be, and how we can help him...he seems happy otherwise and plays and asks for food and pets.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Aurel

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
With a unneutered male cat my first suspicion is always an infection resulting from a cat fight.
Thats true bit hes neutered :( we worry he got chemical or heat burn from sticking his head somewhere. The hair there was completely clumped, black and couldnt be cleaned up.

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I couldn't see the Google content - there are ways to share it without others having to have a Google account. I suspect you have the content with limited access and you can change that so it is not. Nonetheless, neutered cats still have to defend themselves from other cats, and that could be what has happened. Even if not the case, he needs to be looked at and treated accordingly. Chemical burns or otherwise need to be treated based on your post description. He may be fine right now, but if there is an infection brewing, which is likely the case, he won't be for long.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Aurel

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I am really sorry. I made the Google Picture public. Yea I really want to call vet but mom sayd she wont bother him for something so stupid... I dunno I am just. Worried about him.

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
Hello

We have a stray we neutered and he hangs around. Recently he has been coming around with a massive black buildup on half of his face. It has started to come down to reveal it was pretty badly injured. Since its injury I wont send a direct image but a link to my G.Drive. I want to ask if anyone could suspect what this could be, and how we can help him...he seems happy otherwise and plays and asks for food and pets.

Anytime I am unsure about something I take my cat to a vet. Never been disappointed about it

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
I am really sorry. I made the Google Picture public. Yea I really want to call vet but mom sayd she wont bother him for something so stupid... I dunno I am just. Worried about him.
Assuming she does not want him to be in pain, it can get worse. The same thing could happen to a human

Antonio65

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My guess is a kind of burning, both chemical or from a very hot object. It seems it was a circular object, sort of a donut, like an exhaust pipe from a car?

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
It looks raw in places and the smaller circular spot above the nose looks deep. If this turns in to a worse infection, the vet bill will be higher and he will require more treatment. IMO this is not a typical cat fight abscess that some ferals can handle on their own.