mykitten just fell into hot water!!!!!!

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I've seen trolls, and I don't think that was one. It shows the signs of a frantic owner, trying to get a response at an early hour.

However, I have trouble imagining water in a tub hot enough to cause skin to come off immediately.

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
Originally Posted by mrblanche

I've seen trolls, and I don't think that was one. It shows the signs of a frantic owner, trying to get a response at an early hour.

However, I have trouble imagining water in a tub hot enough to cause skin to come off immediately.
The problem with determining whether or not it's a troll is that we all know it's something that can happen. The sticking point for me was the extreme temperature of the water. It sounds more like boiling water than water coming out of a faucet, but even that is a possibility. Once I caught Lion on the counter watching eggs boil. It scared the heck out of me thinking he might reach over and try to play with the eggs.

So, assuming this was real, I'd still like to get an update from the OP.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

yodaddy

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Yes im sorry it took so long to answer you ...The baby is doing good. He just start to play and run again!!!!!Thanx for the love ..

tamgirl99

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by yodaddy

Yes im sorry it took so long to answer you ...The baby is doing good. He just start to play and run again!!!!!Thanx for the love ..
Glad to hear the baby is okay!
Is there any way you can turn the heat down on your hot water so it doesn't happen again? I know that I can adjust mine in the attic of my house, but I'm not sure if you live in an apartment or other setting.

baloneysmom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I have run scalding hot water in the tub before, but its always to wash the tubs I keep the cat/dog food in or the litters so its never more then a small amount in the actually tub but probably enough to hurt them. If thatâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]s the case though I always keep the door closed if I need to soak them or cant watch the room so they donâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]t get hurt.

Bonnie and Capone have both fallen into the tub. Both times were absolutely hilarious and I was in the tub both times. Capone was in shock for a good 30 seconds and stood there with huge round eyes, legs wide apart, looking totally traumatized and cute. Bonnie fell in, looked traumatized then got angry, jumped on the edge and swatted the water with huge angry black eyes LOL.

I hope your kitty is ok? Did you take him to the vet? What did they say out of curiosity?

ckblv

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
People, Please turn down your water heaters, if you can, no way the water heater should be up so high that the water is scalding. That is so dangerous.