my yogi is sick:-(

lollipopandyogi

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I woke up this morning act 5:30 am to the sound of an animal throwing up. I wasn't sure which one so I had to take a look. It was Yogi he wasn't throwing up he was vomiting. And I notice that his little butt was dirty with diarrhea. So I got up and washed his little backside for him and I noticed he was drinking allot of water but not eating at all. So I held him till around nine o'clock and then decided that he need to go to the vet because he was vomiting every 15 minutes then he would drink some water and vomit again. So off we went to the vet. When we got there it was around 9:45 and the Doctor was in surgery til 11am so the receptionist asked if I just wanted to leave him and come back in about 1 1/2 hours and by that time the Doctor should know what'd going on.So I came back and the Doctor examined Yogi and it turns out that Yogi has a allot of bacteria in her belly she said she not sure if it a infection yet or not but she put him on antibiotics for 10 days and she said if he's not eating within a day or two to bring him back she also said that as soon as he is eating again to worm him again. I have to keep him away from Lollipop just in case he's contagious so I have him in a very large kennel with his food,water and a nice bed to sleep on. I gave him his first dose of antibiotics at noon today and he slept until 5:00.pm he managed to keep most of them down. Which I was pleased about he did vomit when he woke up at 5: pm but he was happy to see me and he played with me quietly on the bed for a good hour until he went back in his kennel and went back to sleep. As long as he doesn't get dehydrated he will be OK I'm a little worried about that. If he doesn't start eating in the next Day or two he'll have to back to the Vet I'm so worried about him. So is my daughter she paid half is vet bill which was good of her. __________________

Last edited:

stephanietx

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
He must eat something!  It's not good for a kitty to go without food for more than a day.  You might try boiling a chicken breast with no seasonings, just in plain water, shredding it, then using the broth to make it the consistency of chicken salad and offering some to him.  If you can get some plain Pedialyte (not sure if it's called that in Canada), but it's for sick babies and has lots of nutrients in it, you can try syringing that into him to help keep him hydrated and getting some nutrition.  Also, if you can get to the store to get some acidophilus (human supplement) in a capsule, you can add that into the food to help replenish the good flora in his gut.  You might also want to ask the vet for an appetite stimulant or something like Pepcid to calm his tummy so he'll want to eat. 

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lollipopandyogi

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
He started eating again this morning thank goodness he's had 3 doses of his antibiotics now and he's not vomiting anymore he's feeling much better. He is a very very picky cat when it comes to food he won't eat chicken or any kind o people food for that matter he barely eats any wet cat food either he likes dry food and thats about it. somtimes i can get him to eat a few bites of wet cat food but with fresh cooked chicken he takes one sniff and trys to cover it up like he's covering  up poop.Lol I wish he would eat more wet food because its probubly better for him than a total dry diet but thats what he likes.Whats a mom to do? I feed a high quality dry and hope he's getting everything he needs I feed Blue buffalo kitten