My yard cat poops in my bushes! HELP!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

dixiegirl

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by patc

If the cat is 7 months old, she is either pregnant now, has a litter already, or will get pregnant tomorrow and then you're going to have a real problem.

The first priority is getting her spayed right now.
I HAVE HAD HER SINCE 2 MONTHS OLD, LUCKY SHE HAS NOT MATED AND NOW SHE IS SPAYED!
I HAVE A OLDER FEMALE, SPAYED AND SHE IS GREAT TRYING TO BE A TEACHER. I HAVE A 8 MONTH OLD MALE, I HAVE HAD 2 WEEKS AND HE'S FIXED/SHOTS ETC.. HE'S WORKING OUT GREAT!
I DO AGREE ABOUT GETTING THEM FIXED, THEY ACT SO MUCH BETTER, HAPPIER & PLAYFUL WITH EACH OTHER.
I LOVE MY COLLECTION OF KITTIES. BUT THINK I HAVE ENOUGH & ENJOY EACH DAY WITH THEM, EACH ONE IS SO DIFFERENT PERSONALITY, BUT ALL LOVEABLE
THANKS TO ALL FOR INPUT.

tnr1

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
DixieGirl...thanks so much for getting this cat fixed!!! Please keep us posted on her progress!

Katie

maverick_kitten

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hva eyou tried putting orange peel on the areas that you dont want her to pee on?

I dont know how true this is but... I've heard you can buy lion and fox poo in garden centres to stop cats peeing on certain areas! its meant to be good fertaliser too!

dixiegirl

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I WILL DEFINALLY KEEP THE ORANGE PEEL IDEA IN MIND, THANK GOOD NESS SO FAR SHE HAS SLOWED UP, AND I HAVE BEEN NOT FEEDING HER SO LATE IN THE EVENING. I DO NOT KNOW ABOUT THE FOX POOP, THAT SEEMS LIKE IT SHOULD HELP TOO. THANKS!

dixiegirl

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thanks again, everyone has been so helpful. I am glad I found this site, I will share it with my other cat loving friends.

bab-ush-niik

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I just had one more suggestion about the litterbox. We kept a litterbox outside for our cats, but you have to be really dilligent about outdoor litterboxes. The problem is that other cats will use it too (so it gets dirty faster), and every time it rains, it gets all nasty.

It sounds like you're in the country, so you probably don't have the problem with neighbors cats. If you can though, put the litterbox in an area that will be protected from the wind and rain, and get an enclosed litterbox too.

My guess is your little female is just too scared to leave the side of the house and doesn't want to be exposed out by the sand. She may grow out of this, or she may just always be a little nervous. An enclosed litterbox next to the house will probably be preferable for her.

dixiegirl

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
You could be right, it seems to be at night that she does it, so maybe she just want a nearby area to go quickly. Thank goodness she has not gone in the bushes in over a week, it could also be that she's growing up to. I am glad she is spayed now & already I see she happier.

missy&spikesmom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
HEY!
Oh, I am so glad it all seems to be working out better for you! I had a cat named Willy, I inherited. He was SO funny! He would literally FLY past my head and zoom out the front door, if anyone opened that door. He would skulk around outside for a couple hours (he was neutered), then show up at the door meowing to come in. I'd let him back in and he'd head STRAIGHT for the litter box. WHY??? Because he LOVED that darn litter box and was NOT going to do his business outside, if he had his beloved litter box! hahaha

dixiegirl

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Missy&SpikesMom

HEY!
Oh, I am so glad it all seems to be working out better for you! I had a cat named Willy, I inherited. He was SO funny! He would literally FLY past my head and zoom out the front door, if anyone opened that door. He would skulk around outside for a couple hours (he was neutered), then show up at the door meowing to come in. I'd let him back in and he'd head STRAIGHT for the litter box. WHY??? Because he LOVED that darn litter box and was NOT going to do his business outside, if he had his beloved litter box! hahaha
Willy makes me think of my beloved late grandmother, no matter how much she needed to go to the restroom, out in public, she would wait till she was back home!
We cut a many trips around town short. Thanks for the laugh.