My x-rays

pookie-poo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow! Your surgeon did a fantastic job! It looks great! I'm so glad that you're feeling 'pain free!' I'm glad that you feel that you made the right decision. The type of suture you have is called a 'running subcuticular' suture, which is one long running suture. It can be absorbable (usually white), or non-absorbable (usually blue or black) which needs to be removed in about a week to 10 days. Most screw and plate systems are either stainless steel or titanium. The plate and screw system we use for small bone fractures like yours, is the SYNTHES Locking Compression Plate (LCP) System. I'm not sure you really have enough metal to set off airport metal detectors, but it certainly wouldn't hurt to carry a copy of your x-ray with you if you need to travel though an airport.

EDIT: Many plate and screw manufacturers are going to all titanium systems, because they are strong, lightweight, and still allow the patient to be able to utilize MRIs, as they are non-magnetic.

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Heidi, that is too cool. I'm gonna go look up your other thread because I haven't seen an update (which is why I went searching to begin with) - but I love the purple cast! We want pics of that!

I am SO GLAD to hear that you could feel the difference immediately and that this was the right choice.

Now let's get that bone healed so you're in NO PAIN!

Laurie

butzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Glad everything went well!
Ya know, getting hand searched at the airport isn't so bad. You and your party get to go to the top of the line, at least that's what happens to us -DH has an artificial aortic valve.