My workplace offers discounted pet insurance!

anjhest

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Holy moly! My husband thinks this is hilarious, since I work for a hospital. But I think it's awesome! And it's through payroll deduction, sweet!

motoko9

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
This seems to be growing more common. In just the past couple of months, I have heard of two other employers who are offering pet insurance to employees.

From what I have read on these boards, pet insurance in the US (I know it's different elsewhere, esp. in the UK) isn't the greatest deal. I am hoping that as consumer demand grows, we will see an improvement in services.

emmylou

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I'm in the U.S., and it's been a fantastic deal for me. My insurer has paid out a lot for my cat's heart condition. This year he will hit his $2,500-per-condition cap, but I definitely got my money's worth. And I think the cat got diagnosed and treated more quickly, because I didn't factor the cost of tests into my decisions.

motoko9

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
That's great. Do you mind sharing the name of your insurer with us?

I don't plan on buying insurance at this time, but I am interested in this topic.

emmylou

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
It's Petcare insurance. If you search, there are several threads containing posters' experiences with different companies.

stephanietx

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My employer offers this through an outside company at a discount. I probably should look into it.

kody's mom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
When we picked our benefit choices in November, they asked for any suggestions and I noted Pet Insurance....hopefully next year.

I am currently with PetPlan & I cannot recommend it highly enough. I have only had one claim--just got it last July, but it I had a check within 10 days of submitting the claim, with no problems.

Anne