My Willow's eye!

willowsmom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Ok so like less then 5 mins ago I was sitting on the couch and Willow my 7 almost 8 year old fur baby was bathing herself when she looked over at me I noticed her Third eye lid was swollen! So I hurried and googled to see what it could be at the same time getting the number for the vet. once I was done I went to take a closer look at it and it was gone! Her eye still looks irritated but there is no sign of the third eye lid. Should I still take her to the vet? She's not acting and different and she's eating and drinking like normal. I'm going to check it out tomorrow AM and if it still looks Irritated I will take her to the vet but I guess I just want to know if I should make it a TOP priority or is it something I could schedule later in the week so I'm not in such a panic!! She has always been a healthy girl since she came into my life when she was just a baby!! I just can't think of her being in pain or uncomfy!! Could she of just got something in her eye? she was just following a bug around on the floor. She does spend her mornings in my bedroom closet. I'm just so worried about her, I pray it's not something major!!

farleyv

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, concentrate on the fact it did disappear.

How is her body language....playful, washing, happy? I'd give the vet a call as much for her as for myself. Put your mind to rest a bit.

You know how we get pains, or a joint starts clicking or something? And yet it is nothing? This could be the same thing.....a fluke. It may never come back and you won't know why. I know I have noticed things with my cats and have become worried, and then they disappear.

Id just give the vet a call to get their professional opinion. I hope it is a flukey thing!

Keep us posted. Hugs.