My willie is missing

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by ProudKittieMom

I guess I am doing really good, I check the door like a maniac I have everyone looking and I search the internet about 6 times a day (I am now behind in school because I spend ost of my time searching) and I have Stormie and Bella to comfort me, but my mom is really sad and lonely and she keeps thinking of getting another kittie and she said if willie comes home well then we get a total of 5 kittties, and she is going crazy for willie, im searching the streets everytime I go somewhere...Its really hard though, u just gotta keep thinking positive and thats what I am doing and I am just hoping he wasnt someones Christmas present !
Have you tried search at night with a flashlight? I know how heartbreaking it can be. Just dont give up.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

proudkittiemom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Pami

Have you tried search at night with a flashlight? I know how heartbreaking it can be. Just dont give up.
Yes we have well my dad can drive at night and my mom cant and such so my dad goes to alot of places all the time and he is always looking my mom drives around a lot a my brother walks the dogs and looks then, so we are trying everything its just that nothings working
but i am still keeping my fingers crossed for a safe return
on the 11th it will be a month and thats just so long, and also the cat that was the "new" cat down a little from my house isnt willie it was a DSH really pretty orange kittie, so now we just gotta wait and see if anyone else sees an orange kittie
and hope that its my willie

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hoping that Willie turns up soon. It's hard to stay positive, and keep trying, but you can do it. Lotsa vibes and prayers for his safe return -- SOON.

tnr1

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Most people donâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]t differentiate between searching for a dog and searching for a cat, which is a huge mistake, because they are like apples and oranges. Cats are territorial, so when an indoor cat escapes outside, they feel displaced into unfamiliar territory. A displaced cat (and also an injured or sick cat) will hide and they will be silent. So walking around and calling the catâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]s name doesnâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]t work.

What that cat does is to look for the first place where she can hide, and she will stay there. Weâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]ve had people who have recovered their cats six weeks later, and the cat was two houses down, living under the neighborâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]s house or under their deck.

Weâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]ve actually recovered lots of cats by treating them like ferals and setting a humane trap. These cats will sit there and watch and even listen to their person calling, but they will usually not respond.

Eventually, some of them will reach a threshold point between the seventh and tenth day where they finally do meow or they go into the humane trap, but many of them, especially the ones with skittish temperaments, just continue to hide.

As for a cat who is used to going outside, we really do advocate making your cats indoor-only. However, if an indoor/outdoor cat does go missing, it may be that theyâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]ve been chased by a dog or beat up by another cat. They may run into an unfamiliar area, and they may hide in fear as well, or than can be transported out of the area by crawling into a car or the back of a truck.

Outdoor cats are still territorial. They donâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]t generally travel great distances by themselves, so theyâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]re going to be found within their territory or just beyond it. Youâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]ll want to get into your neighborâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]s yard to search under their porch, under their house, and in potential areas where the cat is trapped, because, again, the behavior of an injured or sick cat is that they will crawl in or under something thatâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]s familiar to them and they will hide. And again, they wonâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]t answer your call.