My whole house smells like pee! Help!!

mommyclimber

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Let me share my experience of cleaning up cat pee.

Just recently I found an effective way to remove cat pee odor. I mix Oxi Clean (I am not marketing this product) and baking soda with water, rub it on the spot with a sponge and let it dry. The odor is gone almost immediately. After it's dried, I clean up the white residue with a wet sponge. That's it. I have used it on my couch, carpet, bed, etc. and it doesn't affect the fabric. Just to be safe, you may want to first try it out on a small spot.

I found this solution on a website (I don't remember where) and it actually gives a scientific reason (chemical reactions and so on). I don't understand the chemistry part but it has been very good to my household.

kittylove14

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
i second the crate training. we think these little buggers know exactly where to go.. well they can go anywhere in the wild and they need the extra time and training. also would train the other cats by putting them in an area with the boxes for a bit. obviously you are limited with the apartment but at least you can prepare the area, like a room or bathroom, and your accidents will be contained to the one area (should there be any). I would put a barrier like area rug down to catch the potential pees until resolved. it's only temporary penning until they get the hang of that sh**.