My water is frozen!

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
DH says to get some heat tape and wrap the pipes under the house.

Open the doors under the sink and put a space heater in front and turn on high to warm the pipes. He's not sure which ones are frozen. He says you may be looking at a broken pipe soon if you can't get them warmed up.

Open the door to bathroom and let the heat flow in there.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I did get it unthawed! I had just called my dad and my uncle to see if they had any ideas as I had the space heater and hair dryer going all day with no luck and then at about 5:30- WATER started pouring out of my faucets!!! I had left the hair dryer blasting in the hole in the ground for longer than I had all day and that is what did the trick I guess. What a pain in the rear! I will definitely not forget to run the water at stronger than a dribble next time it gets cold. Thanks for the vibes everyone

sibohan2005

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Running water YAY!
I've never had my pipes freeze but I do remember the ice storm and lugging 40 gallon containers of water from the fire station for 3 weeks. Not fun.
We take for granted the common conveneinces.

jaffacake

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yay! Glad your water is back!

That happened to me when I had a live in job at a riding school. 2 weeks with no running water in my caravan and my boss had a big 3 bedroom farmhouse next door but she would only let me in every other day for a shower!
and gave me the manky, furry green water carrier from the horse lorry to use for drinking complete with stale `several month old` water

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by rapunzel47

Glad you're thawed, Katie!!
I think it was your hot pink vibes that did the trick

Originally Posted by Sibohan2005

Running water YAY!
I've never had my pipes freeze but I do remember the ice storm and lugging 40 gallon containers of water from the fire station for 3 weeks. Not fun.
We take for granted the common conveneinces.
you said it Rhonda, 2 days without running water makes me very glad I live in the 21st century

Originally Posted by Jaffacake

Yay! Glad your water is back!

That happened to me when I had a live in job at a riding school. 2 weeks with no running water in my caravan and my boss had a big 3 bedroom farmhouse next door but she would only let me in every other day for a shower!
and gave me the manky, furry green water carrier from the horse lorry to use for drinking complete with stale `several month old` water
ewwww ,that is so disgusting, Linny!!

Originally Posted by Trouts mom

Glad you have water back Katie
Thanks, Nat, so am I, so am I!!!!!

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by white cat lover

Take a nice hot shower right away?
nope, but I did flush the toilet

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Being w/o water is definitely NO fun!
I've gone through the frozen pipes thing myself, back in the frozen tundra of Wisconsin. We also went w/o water here in Texas, after Hurricane Rita blew through, which was even worse b/c it was soooo hot (in the hundreds) and everyone was so hot & sticky & sweaty from not being able to take a shower b/c there was no power for almost a week. YUCK!!

I'm glad you're back in business, Katie!

~KK~