my vet recommended Pepcid AC

cinqchats

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Well, start with just the Pepcid. If that works, no worries about the Cerenia. If it doesn't go talk to your vet again and see what they say. Step by step.

catscatscats13

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
How often do you give your cat the Pepcid? My vet said everyday but I don't feel he needs it everyday..

michael lamkin

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Yes, that's interesting, mine gets constipated sometimes on it. He's 17 years old and gets 1/4 of a 10 mg tablet of Pepcid AC 2x a day for pancreatitis. Works very well for him and he's eating a lot more variety than he used to. I worry sometimes that the constipation could be a problem but I just take him off of it for a day or so. It's funny that constipation is not one of the common side effects listed. Seems more secondary. Usually diarrhea is more common.

michael lamkin

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Yes, that's interesting, mine gets constipated sometimes on it. He's 17 years old and gets 1/4 of a 10 mg tablet of Pepcid AC 2x a day for pancreatitis. Works very well for him and he's eating a lot more variety than he used to. I worry sometimes that the constipation could be a problem but I just take him off of it for a day or so. It's funny that constipation is not one of the common side effects listed. Seems more secondary. Usually diarrhea is more common.