My two big cats and a kitten!

jadetom

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi all just a quick question, I have a male cat that is just over a year old and and female cat the same age. the female cat had kittens about 5 months ago and we kept one. Ever since we have had all three cats they wont go outside to do there business they will run back in just to use the litter box. ive tried puttin there litter on the mud outside but they still wont do anything. Just woundering if there is anything i could do?

also the kitten does his business all around the house... but the litter tray is clean! Ive put pepper down and he stopped but he goes somewhere else in the house. 

Need help. 

Many thanks 

p3 and the king

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
First of all, are all of your cats neutered/spayed?  If not, I would look into having that done RIGHT NOW- all of them.  The kitten could impregnate his own mother right now.  You don't want more unwanted kittens. There are so many right now as ferals and in shelters, etc.  And whole males spray their territory, as do whole females.  I'm not understanding the problem?  You want the cats to go outside to do their business but they only want to use the litterbox?  This is a problem for you?  And the other kitten is not using the box at all but using the house? 

How many litterboxes do you have?  The rule of thumb is one box per cat, even if you want them to go outside to go.  So get more boxes and try cat attract in the litter for the kitten.  Some cats are picky and they won't "go" in a box that has been gone in by another cat.  As for the other "problem" outdoors are so dangerous for cats.  I hope you are taking proper precautions?  Anyway, it could be that it is so hot out?  I don't know where you are located but the heatwave hitting us really has animals staying in as much as possible. 

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jadetom

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
thanks for reply. my two adult cats have been done. just waiting to get the kitten done. as for the litter box we do have two of them in the house. we regually clean them out but the kitten still doesnt use it. i dont want my cats to be using the litter box (big female and male) i want them to go outside. the kitten on ocasinally uses the litter tray he is litter trained. but he mainly does his business in my house on the floor. all wanted to know is how do i get the kitten to stop peeing on my floor?

bigperm20

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How do you know he is litter trained? It doesn't sound like it. Did he use the box without problems before? Get an extra litter box for him. Cats are territorial. Most likely your other two cats wont go outside b/c they are too busy "protecting" their litter boxes with their waste. They don't want the kitten using their box. He's unaltered and they can smell it in his urine. It makes them think he's trying to take over their box.

Get him fixed, and get him a box that's in a different room from the other boxes.