My truck was stolen

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

asecretk

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Thanks everyone for your responses and vibes. I have not heard anything back from the police. I have to call today to see about getting the police report for my mom. I had just picked up her prescriptions and I had left them in the glove box to drop off the next morning. She needs it for her insurance company to issue an override for her to get another refill.

I also have to contact the license bureau today. My daughters temp drivers packet was also in the glove box. I need to get a placement packet and her grades from the written test before she can schedule her driving lessons. She just enrolled in driving school and has only had 4 classroom lessons so far. She had to miss last night and might have to miss tomorrow if I don't have a rental car by then.

My insurance does cover theft but I have to wait 48 hours before I can get a rental car and then they only pay up to $15 a day for 10 days. Anything over $15 I have to pay.

The insurance agent recorded my claim/statement late yesterday and he said after he gets the police report he will send me a packet to fill out and then it can be settled as soon as 12 to 15 days if all goes through fine.

My truck was so old I doubt I will get much for it and afer my $250 deductable I would be surprised if I even get $1000.

I want my truck back. She was old and not in the best shape but she was reliable

For those who asked I live in Bedford, Ohio. A small suburb of Cleveland, about 25 miles southeast of Cleveland.

I guess is doesn't matter where you live it can happen to anyone. I am still in shock and break out crying. I still can't believe it.

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sending {{{prayers and vibes}}} that your truck makes it back home safely. Year ago, my '77 Ford was stolen; the police recovered it later that day, little over a mile away - the fuel filter had clogged up ( IMO, I had guardian angel looking out for me that night) so the thieves abandoned it. The thieves did some misc. burglarizing, but, miracle of miracles, they overlooked my torn, faded red work jacket (I didn't have a formal job at the time, was doing yard work, babysitting, anything I could drum up) - that jacket had $600 cash, which was my rent money, that had taken weeks to save up. I am hoping that you get such a miracle too! And I know it's mean, but if your theives take your mom's meds
Well, I hope they puke themselves into repentance
Please keep us posted!

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That is so annoying
Why would someone steal an old truck anyway?? That is really unfair because now you will have to get another truck, and the next truck you get will most likely cost more and then you'll have to spend more when your truck was JUST FINE!! That really burns my hide when that happens to people...If my car was stolen I would maybe get $500 for it
..Then I would be out a car, and would have to get a loan for another one..It just isn't fair..I really hope they FIND your truck with no damage, that would be the best thing
Sending truck finding vibes{{{}}}

asecretk

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Trouts mom

Why would someone steal an old truck anyway??
I think they stole it to haul something in it. They found my spare tire that was in the back dumped on the next side street.

The weird thing is is that the back window can not be opened without the key. The inside button to pop the window has not worked in years. So they had to put down the back seat, crawl all the way in the back, unbolt the spare from the side of the truck and then haul it out the side door.

No easy task by any means especially in the middle of the night with temps in the 20s. They must of had to get rid of the tire so they could load something (I assume something stolen) in the back of it.

I was hoping I would hear that they found it abandoned somewhere. I guess there is still hope I will hear from the police today. I kow the steering column is most likely ripped but is that is all the damage done I would much rather get it back then have to go through the hassle of getting a new car/truck.

I have horrible credit so I can't get a loan. I had to take a loan out on my 401K just to get that truck and I still owe on that loan until April of 2008

satai

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by AsecretK

I want my truck back. She was old and not in the best shape but she was reliable

I guess is doesn't matter where you live it can happen to anyone. I am still in shock and break out crying. I still can't believe it.
I want her back for you too.

I'm so sorry.

chichismom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so sorry to hear that
I hope that were just using it to haul something, and it turns up soon. Our 87 chevy was stolen right in front of our house this summer, and MAN what an awful, awful, sick to the stomach feeling you get when some JERK! decides they want your car
MANY safe return vibes for your truck{{{}}}

asecretk

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Bella713

Checking in to see if you heard anything???
I have not heard anything from the police yet. I called to get the report number so my mom can get a new prescription but the officers did not mark it on the police report so I have to wait until they come back on shift Friday evening to get their messages. They can then amend the report to include them and then I will get a copy and give it to my mom so she can get her meds. She does have some for right now so it no real emergancy. I told her she can also call the doctors office and see if she can get a couple sample packs as well.

So just waiting at this point to see if they find my truck and waiting on the car rental company to contact me about getting a rental car.

The crappy part is that the only person I know that works around me is my ex husband so I called him and he is going to give me a ride and back to work for the next couple days until I can get a rental car.

He picked me up this morming at home and said he would go to work and then I could take his truck to my job since I had an errand to run. He left me with zero gas, so now I have to put gas in his truck. I can't complain to much as he is giving me a ride but it is just so much like him to do that kind of thing. Instead of thinking of me and the hard time I am going though, he thinks of himself and that he can get some free gas money out of me.

I also called the license bureau and it is going to cost another $23.00 to get a replacement packet for my daughter. I told the lady but it was stolen. She said I know but the only thing I can tell you is to file it on your insurance.