My tribute to Merlin

yola

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Debby darling, I'm so happy to have finally seen your tribute. It is beautifully written and heartfelt in the extreme. The love you held for Merlin, and his for you, comes through so strongly.

But most of all - it is that important first step in coming to terms with what happened, and understanding that time will heal.

It's funny how such a small animal can hold such a huge piece of our hearts - we all either have, or have lost our own personal 'Merlin' - that cat with which we have that special bond, that unspoken agreement of affection and understanding; and everyone here so understands the intense loss you've felt.

I do hope this tribute and the responses you receive to them will give you the strength to venture back to The Cat Site, albeit gradually.

Loads of love

kateang

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hey Debby,
I'm sorry that merlin has left for the bridge. he sounds really like a sweet little fella who loved freedom and all..let yourself grieve and let yourself be assured that he is off to somewhere better with lots of other playmates. You have loved him unconditionally and this is the best you could have done for him. Please dun feel guilty about it anymore. Anytime u need somebody to talk about merlin, you know the whole board is here to listen.

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Debby that was beautiful and brought tears to my eyes! You managed to convey not only your deep sorrow but also portray Merlin as the wonderful cat he was. I feel like I know him so much better now.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

debby

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Thank you all!!!!!!!

Reading your replies did make me cry, as I knew it would...but it also made me feel a bit better inside, just to know that you all read about him, and knew him in a way, through my tribute.

Thank you for taking the time to read it and your kind words.

I still look out the bedroom window every night to see the spot he is buried in and tell him I love him and miss him.

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Merlin is cute and he knows it.

Debby hun just think of all the female cats who are turning a "whisker" when they see that gorgeous thing walk by

debby

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Thank you!
I have more pics of him stored on my digital camera, but I have to figure out how to transfer them to the computer first!
I'm not very smart at these things!

debby

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I miss my Merlin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's been hitting me really hard lately.

shell

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm sorry Sweetie! You'll always miss him and the pain will be hard for quite a while, but eventually the pain starts to fade. You'll never stop missing him...just like you'll never stop loving him. He's looking down upon you right now and thank you for all the love you gave him.

Hang in there Debby...it will get better. Just remember, we're all here for you when you need us. Love ya!

hopehacker

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
He was your "special" boy, that I can tell. He chose you to be his "Mommy", and that makes you special as well. The way I see it, you can always get some comfort in knowing that you were the one person on this earth, who was lucky enough have him share his life with you, and he was lucky that it was you that he chose to spend his life with.

You gave him a happy life, even if it was short, and a happy short life is so much more filled with riches, than a long live of misery. He was always free, and for some animals, death sets them free. Your Merlin was always free.

george'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Debby-

Here I go again. . . . drippy nose, soggy eyes. . . . I read your entire tribute to Merlin and as the others stated, I smiled, giggled & cried. He was a beautiful boy and you were definitely his special mom.

Like the saying goes, "It is far better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all" (something like that).

Merlin found you for a reason (to help you through the grief of losing your father). He lived a great life.

He is still there with you in spirit and always will be.

Take care.

Laurie