My tortoise shell is driving me crazy

mylittletardis

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Her name is Pepper and I have had her since I was 12, making her 11. We found a kitten a couple years back and rescued her, her name is Lucy. Pepper hates Lucy, she scratches her, hisses at her, chased her around the house, etc. Pepper also hates everyone but my immediate family, my boyfriend is terrified of her. Every time Pepper eats, she pukes, I've tried different food, but she eats it really fast so I think that's why. Last night she puked on me while I was sleeping. I have to lock her up in a room when my nieces and nephews come over because she scratches and terrifies them as well. My parents suggested having her put down but I just don't think I could do that to her. She's also too old and mean for anyone else to adopt her. I don't know what to do.

shadowsrescue

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
When was the last time she was to the vet?  Throwing up her food because she eats to fast should be discussed with your vet.  You can start by giving her smaller meals throughout the day.  There are also trick where you take a smaller bowl and place it upside down inside her regular food bowl.  Then you put the food around it.  Here are some ideas

https://www.google.com/search?q=bowl+to+make+a+cat+eat+slowly&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8

As for she and the other cat, how did you go about introducing them?  If you just put them together and hoped for the best then the problem will be difficult to remedy.  There are certain procedures to follow when introducing cats to ensure they get along.  Most cats will learn to get along if the introductions are done slowly.

I would start by making a vet appointment.  She may be lashing out at others because she doesn't feel. well. 

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mylittletardis

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
When was the last time she was to the vet?  Throwing up her food because she eats to fast should be discussed with your vet.  You can start by giving her smaller meals throughout the day.  There are also trick where you take a smaller bowl and place it upside down inside her regular food bowl.  Then you put the food around it.  Here are some ideas
https://www.google.com/search?q=bowl+to+make+a+cat+eat+slowly&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8

As for she and the other cat, how did you go about introducing them?  If you just put them together and hoped for the best then the problem will be difficult to remedy.  There are certain procedures to follow when introducing cats to ensure they get along.  Most cats will learn to get along if the introductions are done slowly.

I would start by making a vet appointment.  She may be lashing out at others because she doesn't feel. well. 
I took her to the vet when I first noticed it happening, and they said it's nothing to worry about. As for the introductions, I looked online about how to do it and followed that. I tried having them on either side of a door during eating time, and being slow about everything but Pepper hates her. I think it's because she is a tortoise shell.