My Tiger Cat - I assume his behavior is showing happiness

jkuras

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hey everyone.

I am new to having a cat.  It was years ago - over 40 years ago - that I raised 2 cats and I was not the best mom.  I was  young and did not have the tools to really give them the best home.  Now that I am older, and adopted my little cat. I watch out for him like a nurse and mom all together.

He was lethargic after being found on the street.  So thin and docile.  After the vet and I worked together to get him the medication and help he needed, he flourished.  He started eating like a starved animal and started changing in behavior. He did not react to birds outside or any type of movement.  I thought this was his personality. Extremely calm.

I bought him cat boxes and cat tunnels.  Made jumping places for him with rugs so wherever he was, it was soft.  Now, 1 month later, he wakes up at  6am and wants to play,  During the day, his ears will suddenly go back and he runs into his cat tunnels and waits to attack me when I pass by.  He jumps through them and races around the house.  I play with him on my bed with a wand and string as he will not play with toys on the floor as of now.  I have only had him since June 29th, so he is now changing in personality.  I assume he is happy as he walks around with that little curl in his tail as I have read about signs of a happy cat.  He is everywhere I am, and when I am at the computer, he jumps up on the desk and lays between my two screens.  I had to put a rug there now so he doesn't slip.

I also left a message under cat toys.  What are safe toys?  He won't initiate playing with anything on the floor as of now.  Maybe he will change.  He loves string and interaction with me.  He bounces off the wall when I play with him, and is so excited he jumps everywhere, then back on the bed to continue playing.

When I come home from work, he throws himself on anything that I have when placed on the bed and rubs his entire body into my things.  Not my clothes, but my bag and backpack.  He is so happy to see me that he runs to his scratch post and paws it to death.

I am assuming these are the signs of a happy cat.  I am determined to give him the best home.  

Joyce

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Hi Joyce,
You are doing a wonderful job :clap: Your cat is full of confidence just after being in your home for just roughly 1 1/2 months. He sure looks happy and we are happy for the both of you. Every cat should have you as a cat mom. Wanna adopt me? :updown: :lol3:
Keep up the good work Joyce!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jkuras

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Ha Ha - I forget to take care of me.  I shop for him first.

Yes, I feel good seeing the signs he is showing.  

This is my favorite one.  Sleeping on my couch.

Thank you.

Joyce

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Showing his belly while sleeping means he is full of trust in you and you don't post a threat to him :clap: