My thrift shop finds today!

mamam

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Wow! A cat-themed thrift store! This I gotta see!

The petshop I buy food from has a resident cat too

sar

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Is a Thrift Store like a charity shop?

I love charity shops, boot sales, jumble sales, anything like that! We even have car boot sales that go on throughout winter (for the hardcore booters like me!!
)

I love the little mouse, it is so cute!! The teddies and the kitty are lovely too!

I seem to collect all sorts of things from bootsales and things!
I have recently bought numerous projectors, slide viewers and Super8 Cine cameras! I also buy a lot of clothes that I taylor and customise for myself!!

This would be a good thread, 'Bargains'!

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Saw the kitty with the bear family, and I also noticed a white Petals paw by it! Did she approve?

marge

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm with you on the thrift stores, I go to them FIRST. THEN go to other "real stores" if I can't find it at the thrift store.
I find more interesting things plus I like the idea that it's recycled stuff. Not filling up more land fills.

The Bay area in CA had the BEST thrift stores.

noni

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I gotta share about my store...

It's a place called "It's A Wrap" and it specializes in clothing worn in movies, tv, soaps and news. Usually the clothes have been worn once, are very stylish and current, and you can literally steal things. And often, you can find things that have not ever been worn (wrong size, wrong color, wrong cut, whatever...)

My latest example: I prefer men's overcoats, so I went into their men's department. I found a camel colored long coat, pure virgin wool, made in Italy, tags still on it (never worn), Hugo Boss. I paid exactly $50 for this coat, which retails for $649. I added a pair of leather gloves, for exactly $5. And added two scarves to the mix, for an additional $2.50 each. Then I topped it all off with a glorious cashmere sweater for $10 (tags still on it...)

Yeah, I love this store.

Best-
Michele

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by gemlady

Saw the kitty with the bear family, and I also noticed a white Petals paw by it! Did she approve?
Good catch Jan! Did you notice her whiskers in that shot too? Yes, she approved!

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love shops like this! Neat finds Susie! We have a place just down the road (literally three minute walk) called Savemart and it's HUGE! and oh is it wonderful!!

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love them!
I have such a big bunch of ornaments!
i love to collect them

pjk5900

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love thrift store shopping.
You can shop till ya drop and only spend about $20. or less.
I have found some really great deals.

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just remembered when my niece, as a teen, was appalled her mother set foot into a thrit store! We were looking for baby clothes for a young couple who needed some help. Sis even called Salvation Army, "Sally Ann".

Well, when niece became a mother and times were tight, she found herself shopping at thrift stores a lot.