My Sweet Sweet (male) possibly injured.

StacyPrestage

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi,
(THANKFUL I FOUND THIS SITE!)
I Adopted Sweet Sweet (male). Named him that cuz he WAS the sweetest loving, even likes to hold hands.
I Made a huge mistake of letting him & Smokey outside, when I moved to my new place. My 2 boys saw the neighbors 6 cats outside, and they wanted to go out.
HUge mistake, I will explain later.
RIght now, my stomach turned, gotta try to get some answers for my baby.
I go outside call their names every hour, call them in for lunch & dinner.
Sweet came home last night, COMPLETELY DIFFERENT CAT.
HE HAS VACANT STARE, BOTH CHEEKS UNDER EYES SWOLLEN, DARK MARKS UNDER HIS EYES (LIKE HE'S BEEN CRYING), Muscle lump on his NECK, WHERE HIS TAIL STARTS ALL SWOLLEN FIRM LIKE I CAN'T FEEL ANY OF HIS BACK BONES, I never really looked at his anus, just peak couple times make sure no poo poo butt. Whole personality change! Not his self AT ALL.
He's outgoing, loves to play catch w his fav soft play balls, lays across my neck on his back, not eating but a couple treats, his fur like all frazzled, (I brush my cats w Burt's Bees for Cats waterless Shampoo) So he shouldn't be frayed or frazzled hair. He won't let me peak at his butt or pet his back area, vacant STARE & sleeping not in bed w me, I got about 4 quick peaks at his Anus, So, I gently looked at Smokey's, just to get some kind reference, but ya know they gonna have different anatomy. Sweets is double the size of Smokey. ALL I KNOW IS HE AIN'T THE SAME CAT!!!
I DO NOT SEE RED BLOOD ON ANUS, BUT COULD THE BLACK STUFF IN CREASES ON ANUS BE DRIED BLOOD?
THANK YOU,
Stacy
I Want my baby boy back!

Last edited by a moderator:

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
It sounds like he could have got into a fight and been bitten by one of the other cats around his tail or lower back. This is quite common in cat fights, but it can result in an infection so you need to take him to the vet as soon as possible.

It's not a good idea to let your cats, which are new-comers to the area, go out to play with the local cats. Cats are very territorial and fights are inevitable. It's really much better to keep cats indoors, but if your boys are used to going out you could consider harness training or building them a catio.

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If a neighbor has cats too, they may have gotten into a squabble but I think everyone would agree that a vet is needed to know exactly what is going on with him. For future outside, a catio or harness sounds like the only way to prevent any further concerns for both kitties. You didn’t mention if kitties are spayed/neutered but that will also prevent future worries even if they are inside only. For now, give him a nice place to stay quiet and warm. A low box on the floor with a blanket or towel beside your bed or other place he feels secure. Put water, food and a short distance away, a litter box. I don’t know where you live but if you cannot just schedule a vet check easily, stress to them that he really needs to be seen right away. Some vets are pretty booked up so asking for an emergency appointment may get him seen faster. Please do let us know how he is doing.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

StacyPrestage

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
It sounds like he could have got into a fight and been bitten by one of the other cats around his tail or lower back. This is quite common in cat fights, but it can result in an infection so you need to take him to the vet as soon as possible.

It's not a good idea to let your cats, which are new-comers to the area, go out to play with the local cats. Cats are very territorial and fights are inevitable. It's really much better to keep cats indoors, but if your boys are used to going out you could consider harness training or building them a catio.
Hi, right. I did not let them out until we lived here for 3 weeks. They have a lot different windows to look out & saw many other cats outside. They wanted out. I was ignorant & totally unaware of the diseases, and all the dangers of letting them out. Now I know. Thank you for your response.
Sweet Sweet going to vet. I couldn't get him in quick cuz I was in hospital. Thank you. I will update you. Stacy.

stephanietx

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
He needs to get to the vet ASAP. If you have an emergency vet, please get him in.

StacyPrestage

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
If a neighbor has cats too, they may have gotten into a squabble but I think everyone would agree that a vet is needed to know exactly what is going on with him. For future outside, a catio or harness sounds like the only way to prevent any further concerns for both kitties. You didn’t mention if kitties are spayed/neutered but that will also prevent future worries even if they are inside only. For now, give him a nice place to stay quiet and warm. A low box on the floor with a blanket or towel beside your bed or other place he feels secure. Put water, food and a short distance away, a litter box. I don’t know where you live but if you cannot just schedule a vet check easily, stress to them that he really needs to be seen right away. Some vets are pretty booked up so asking for an emergency appointment may get him seen faster. Please do let us know how he is doing.
Hi,
(THANKFUL I FOUND THIS SITE!)
I Adopted Sweet Sweet (male). Named him that cuz he WAS the sweetest loving, even likes to hold hands.
I Made a huge mistake of letting him & Smokey outside, when I moved to my new place. My 2 boys saw the neighbors 6 cats outside, and they wanted to go out.
HUge mistake, I will explain later.
RIght now, my stomach turned, gotta try to get some answers for my baby.
I go outside call their names every hour, call them in for lunch & dinner.
Sweet came home last night, COMPLETELY DIFFERENT CAT.
HE HAS VACANT STARE, BOTH CHEEKS UNDER EYES SWOLLEN, DARK MARKS UNDER HIS EYES (LIKE HE'S BEEN CRYING), Muscle lump on his NECK, WHERE HIS TAIL STARTS ALL SWOLLEN FIRM LIKE I CAN'T FEEL ANY OF HIS BACK BONES, I never really looked at his anus, just peak couple times make sure no poo poo butt. Whole personality change! Not his self AT ALL.
He's outgoing, loves to play catch w his fav soft play balls, lays across my neck on his back, not eating but a couple treats, his fur like all frazzled, (I brush my cats w Burt's Bees for Cats waterless Shampoo) So he shouldn't be frayed or frazzled hair. He won't let me peak at his butt or pet his back area, vacant STARE & sleeping not in bed w me, I got about 4 quick peaks at his Anus, So, I gently looked at Smokey's, just to get some kind reference, but ya know they gonna have different anatomy. Sweets is double the size of Smokey. ALL I KNOW IS HE AIN'T THE SAME CAT!!!
I DO NOT SEE RED BLOOD ON ANUS, BUT COULD THE BLACK STUFF IN CREASES ON ANUS BE DRIED BLOOD?
THANK YOU,
Stacy
I Want my baby boy back!
I will give an update on Sweet Sweet. ASAP. Thank you, everyone.

StacyPrestage

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Please take him to a vet. It sounds like he was injured and needs medical attention. It could be either a fall, animal attack or something else. Whatever it is, he needs medical attention.
Ok. I'm taking him. I've been real sick and just got home from hospital myself. That's why delay. Thank you for advice. I realize how naive & ignorant I was letting em out. They are have always been inside. It's NOT about me but boy was I stupid. My babies eat B4 I eat. They always come 1st. I will keep everyone infor my ex. Stacy