My Sweet Stray.

golondrina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My experiences with astrays cats date from over 60 years ago when my daughters were very young. The first one refers to a feral cat feared in the neighbourhood where we lived in England. It was considered a dangerously fierce cat. One day as I came out into the front garden I almost fainted with horror as I could see from a distance this cat inside the pram with my few months old baby Clora in it. As I ran to the pram the cat jumped out of it and ran away. My baby was fast asleep and hadn't been at all hurt. Some four years later this same cat would come to the kitchen door to be fed by Clora. If I came anywhere near them the cat would hiss and run away. He stopped coming before I could make any decision and soon after that we moved to a different neighbourhood.

Some 3 years later Clora, then 7 years old, discovered a black baby cat lying behind a plant on the sidewalk of our street. It was a female with a deformity of the hips. The vet I took her to put her on a calcium treatment and said she could never have a normal pregnancy. She was operated on and I took her back home. We called her Sombra. In spite of her problem she could jump and climb very high. We had to recover her several times from different neighbours homes when she didn't come back on her own. Then one day she disappeared for good. We searched for her for a long time but never got her back. Those two were my only experiences with feral cats.

aliceneko

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, she is so sweet! What a lovely story. I adopted my boys from a rescue centre so I've never found a stray cat myself and taken one in, but it's something that I'd love to do one day. I have quite a few friends and relatives who have had/currently have cats that were former strays they found.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Skylsters

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Oh, she is so sweet! What a lovely story. I adopted my boys from a rescue centre so I've never found a stray cat myself and taken one in, but it's something that I'd love to do one day. I have quite a few friends and relatives who have had/currently have cats that were former strays they found.
I cant let her in all day, since i still have her kittens (she has since been spayed) but i thought ahes was spayed before). But at night she comes in for a little bit and plays. Im assuming she is a young thing, i can tell she use to have home. Ive spent a lot of time searching for her home. But it i wouldnt be surprised if she was just abandoned, but she lives a good life now. Shes fixed, vaccinated, she has a heated dog house for the winter. Hoping one day ill be able to move her inside.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Skylsters

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My experiences with astrays cats date from over 60 years ago when my daughters were very young. The first one refers to a feral cat feared in the neighbourhood where we lived in England. It was considered a dangerously fierce cat. One day as I came out into the front garden I almost fainted with horror as I could see from a distance this cat inside the pram with my few months old baby Clora in it. As I ran to the pram the cat jumped out of it and ran away. My baby was fast asleep and hadn't been at all hurt. Some four years later this same cat would come to the kitchen door to be fed by Clora. If I came anywhere near them the cat would hiss and run away. He stopped coming before I could make any decision and soon after that we moved to a different neighbourhood.

Some 3 years later Clora, then 7 years old, discovered a black baby cat lying behind a plant on the sidewalk of our street. It was a female with a deformity of the hips. The vet I took her to put her on a calcium treatment and said she could never have a normal pregnancy. She was operated on and I took her back home. We called her Sombra. In spite of her problem she could jump and climb very high. We had to recover her several times from different neighbours homes when she didn't come back on her own. Then one day she disappeared for good. We searched for her for a long time but never got her back. Those two were my only experiences with feral cats.
My neighborhood has a quite a bit of stray cats, ive always left food out but none ever stayed. She is always here, she went missing for 3 days when she had her kittens and i was so scared. Ive since gotten her spayed. But she is the sweetest thing, its hard to believe when i first found her 8 months ago she was terrified of me!