My sweet Louie

Shawna87

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I am making this post to honor my cat Louie. It has been over a year since his death but I’ve felt the need to share his story and honor the life he lived while still living in our hearts today.

When I was a little girl my dad got a cat for me and my sisters and we named him Louie. He had so much life and such a fun personality. He loved to play with our dog, sleep in his food bowl, and do zoomies around the house. He hated my singing but loved to be near me. As my sisters moved out I became his primary caretaker although he loved my dad the most. He loved to lay on laps and eat eat his food. He loved everyone and would often choose a guests lap to lay in before my family’s. As I was planning my wedding and to move to another state it was decided after I got married I would take a trip back to my parents house and bring him to my new home. I was so excited to have him at my new home soon.

My sweet boy, about a month before the wedding you started to stop eating and showing signs of pain in your stomach. I brought you to the vet and they said it was stomach cancer. They weren’t sure how long you would make it but you seemed like you wanted to keep pushing through. So with medication and hand feeding we kept going on. Now looking back I know you pushed through for me so I wouldn’t have to have lost my best friend right before my wedding. You pushed through to see me get married and happy. The day I returned to my new home after my honeymoon I received the news that you weren’t doing good. Even with medication you stopped eating and started laying in unusual spots. Carissa (my sister who lived closer at the time) went there to be with you and took you to the vet. We had to make one of the hardest decisions of our lives to let you go and be free of your pain. Carissa FaceTimed me so I could say my last goodbyes to you. She sent me a photo of your sweet body wrapped and in a casket. My heart was completely shattered. You were supposed to move into my new house with me and start this new chapter of our lives together. I couldn’t be there for your last moments. My family had a memorial service for you and called me while we prayed around you. A month after, I traveled to where you were buried to talk to you one last time. I was given your blanket that I had once given you. Oh how even a year later my heart aches to be with you. I miss your meows and the look you gave me when you were annoyed with all my kisses. I hope you know how loved you are.

Since you passed away I have taken in three cats. I think it would’ve made you happy to know your loving home was given to three other cats that needed a home. Your blanket you loved so much is now slept on every day by my three cats in honor of you. I can’t wait to see you again one day. Thank you for being with me through the worst and best times of my life. Thank you for putting up with me even when I was getting on your nerves. Thank you for loving me and our family and bringing so much joy into our lives. You will forever live in our hearts.

Here is the last photo of me and Louie together the day of my wedding plus a few more photo of him.

Attachments

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Rest you gentIe, Louie, dream you deep. Your pawprints are on someone's heart forever.

What a beautifuI boy he was, is, and aIways wiII be! It is so cIear from your post that Louie Iived, breathed, and had his very being wrapped in your Iove...and you, in his. And what a IoveIy, Iong Iife the two of you shared! But...where there is Iove, an eternity is not Iong enough, is it? This is the deepest Truth I know...that love never dies, it is translated and purified in to Love, and continues on. Now, from his new home in That Place Where All Things Are Known, Louie blesses you both for your love and your care, and he sends his Love back to you, to walk with you down through all of your days. Because Love abides. Always, forever, Love abides. And he will wait for you. This time apart is finite, and your time together, when it comes again, is infinite. Because Love abides.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What a beautiful tribute to such a precious boy! to be remembered and loved after death is a huge honor. That you are passing on his legacy of love to three others is something that gives his soul great pleasure. His bond of love with you can never be taken, it is a permanent part of your own soul. He gave you something that is never given lightly, is earned, a cat's love. With his oriental heritage, I am betting he was quite the character, as they always are. Talkative and bold, real people pleasers.
You will never get over this, you find ways to forge ahead into the future as you would have wanted for him if you were the first to go. That is love. My heart breaks for you losing him, but gaining three more little souls will distract you from your grief and allow his love to blossom and get even stronger. Do not dwell on his end, but let your beautiful memories of all those years bring you comfort. He lives on through you now, so give him a life full of love and happiness. Take care and give those three babies a kiss from me........RIP precious Louie. you will always be remembered, you will have secure places in loving hearts for eternity. May teh good Lord bless and keep you until you meet again!

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Shawna87

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Rest you gentIe, Louie, dream you deep. Your pawprints are on someone's heart forever.

What a beautifuI boy he was, is, and aIways wiII be! It is so cIear from your post that Louie Iived, breathed, and had his very being wrapped in your Iove...and you, in his. And what a IoveIy, Iong Iife the two of you shared! But...where there is Iove, an eternity is not Iong enough, is it? This is the deepest Truth I know...that love never dies, it is translated and purified in to Love, and continues on. Now, from his new home in That Place Where All Things Are Known, Louie blesses you both for your love and your care, and he sends his Love back to you, to walk with you down through all of your days. Because Love abides. Always, forever, Love abides. And he will wait for you. This time apart is finite, and your time together, when it comes again, is infinite. Because Love abides.
Thank you so much ❤

Shawna87

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My sincere and heartfelt sympathies go out to you on the passing of Louie. :hugs: But I'm so glad he was able to be with you and help celebrate your wedding day. RIP sweet angel.:angel:
Thank you, it was very special to have him with me on that day.

Shawna87

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
What a beautiful tribute to such a precious boy! to be remembered and loved after death is a huge honor. That you are passing on his legacy of love to three others is something that gives his soul great pleasure. His bond of love with you can never be taken, it is a permanent part of your own soul. He gave you something that is never given lightly, is earned, a cat's love. With his oriental heritage, I am betting he was quite the character, as they always are. Talkative and bold, real people pleasers.
You will never get over this, you find ways to forge ahead into the future as you would have wanted for him if you were the first to go. That is love. My heart breaks for you losing him, but gaining three more little souls will distract you from your grief and allow his love to blossom and get even stronger. Do not dwell on his end, but let your beautiful memories of all those years bring you comfort. He lives on through you now, so give him a life full of love and happiness. Take care and give those three babies a kiss from me........RIP precious Louie. you will always be remembered, you will have secure places in loving hearts for eternity. May teh good Lord bless and keep you until you meet again!
Thank you so much for the kind words and encouragement. Your post really meant a lot to me. Although it’s been over a year since he passed I still think of him almost everyday. I feel so blessed though to have loved him for 17 years and to love my three other babies now too. Louie was my first cat and he was the one who started my love for cats and desire to adopt them once he passed away.

Shawna87

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
What a touching tribute to Louie. Thank you for sharing his story. Sorry for your loss. Glad you are sharing your love with your three cats and building wonderful memories with them. Sending love.
Thank you, it gives my heart joy to take care and love on my three other cats. He was such a loving and sweet boy and his memory will live on forever.

Shawna87

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I’m so sorry for your loss. Such a lovely way to honor your sweet Louie by saving three precious lives. Beautiful photos of both of you.
Thank you so much. I was so happy to have him there for my wedding and capture those last few photos together.