My sweet little fighter, Gravity. <3

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mindyl3igh

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thank you guys so much for such kindness! I am still having a hard time, as I have also just lost another kitten, Sparrow, that my hubby and I saved a little over a week ago...I went to two different vets because I wasn't satisfied with the first one, and then I let the second, more caring and genuine vet hospitalize her and everything, but she passed the following morning, despite all of the support and care they gave her through the night, bringing so much of the pain from Gravity back to the surface, along with grieving for her sweet life being lost as well.

I think of Gravity with so many smiles now, but it is usually still followed by tears. He was such a sweetheart and it is one of the hardest things I've had to try to get over. I miss him so much. The bond is indescribable and though I know it sounds silly to compare him to an actual human child to a lot of people, but my hubby and I will have a hard time conceiving when we do try, for I have severe PCOS that causes fertility complications...so I think I really held onto Gravity as my first baby, as crazy as that sounds. The bottle feeding, and every single little care he needed, I was there and so happy to do it. I was exhausted, but it was all so worth it. When my alarm clock would go off throughout the day and night, I would always jump out of bed with excitement, especially when he began doing so well those few days. And then he was gone. :(

I was finally able to go through my phone and watch some videos I took of him while he was healthy and thriving, like when he finally started getting a good grip on the bottle and would flail is little arms with excitement, when he began wobbling around so well and trying to keep his balance, such cute moments, but it started hurting so bad mid video and I realized it just wasn't time yet, but I am so glad that I have these things there waiting for me to cherish with smiles when I am ready.

Last edited:

ginny

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What a precious picture!  I have to admit I started crying as soon as I saw it, like I did with Hershey's picture.  There's something about losing a tiny one that seems so unfair and particularly heart-wrenching.  I'm so sorry about losing your sweet little kitty Gravity and Sparrow too.  

nurseangel

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm sorry I didn't respond to this thread sooner.  I just now saw it.  I am so sorry for your loss.  Bless you for being such a compassionate person - it hurts me to think of how many people wouldn't have stopped.  Thank you for taking care of this beautiful kitten.  Reading your post made me cry, but you and Gravity will have a bond that will never be broken.  Again, bless you...you are special and both your life and Gravity's were enriched by this meeting.

ruthm

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Oh my gosh, I am so sorry for your loss!  What a beautiful little boy Gravity was, bless your heart for saving him!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mindyl3igh

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thank you so much guys! I still get emotional, I guess I always will. I still cry about kitties and dogs that I lost long ago. I know well enough now, that you never quite get over it, it just seems to get easier with time, but sometimes I still can lose my breath if I think about it all too hard.

I have a crazy surprise for those who haven't seen my post in the kitten section of this forum, but exactly a month after Gravity got sick, I got a call from someone needing help with a poor kitten and I didn't receive a picture, but told them to meet me asap at a local store...and when she got out of her car and handed me the little box, I almost lost it. She looked and felt so much like Gravity and still does to us. My husband wanted to name her Anastasia, meaning "resurrection"  just as a sweet way of honoring him, so everyone who followed and loved Gravity, please meet Anna, who we like to believe has a little bit of Gravity's spirit in her and that he brought her to us! 

Last edited: