My sweet girl is pregnant

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kris cowden

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
OMG Kris...they are absolutely gorgeous, so many blue/grey kittens. Well done Ash :-D
Thank you I'm so in love and so happy with Ash she is doing a amazing job., we had steak for dinner and when we sat down to eat she jumped out of her box for a piece but a kitten meowed so she jumped right back in! I'm so proud of her!

kris cowden

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Ash, the mom cat, keeps moving her kittens! I put the kitten box in the bathroom at night because we have 2 other cats and I don't want any of the kittens to be hurt by them, I noticed today she keeps moving her kittens any advice in what to do about this!

tulosai

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
This is fairly typical behavior.

A few things you can try:

1. Have multiple nesting boxes for her so that she can always find a safe warm space when she moves them.

2.  Keep her and the kittens separated from the other cats in the house at all times.  That is to say, keep them confined to one room for now by shutting a door.  She will probably still try to move them within this room, but where she can go will be far more limited.

Good luck!

kris cowden

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
This is fairly typical behavior.

A few things you can try:

1. Have multiple nesting boxes for her so that she can always find a safe warm space when she moves them.

2.  Keep her and the kittens separated from the other cats in the house at all times.  That is to say, keep them confined to one room for now by shutting a door.  She will probably still try to move them within this room, but where she can go will be far more limited.

Good luck!
Thank you I just don't want to have kittens scattered all over the house when I come home from work I'll give this a try

mum2daisy

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I would guess if you are moving them each night then putting them back in the morning that she feels u settled and wants to make her own choice on where to be, can they be kept in the bathroom at all times? Or is there another room she can be kept in that you can keep closed to keep the other cats away?

kris cowden

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I would guess if you are moving them each night then putting them back in the morning that she feels u settled and wants to make her own choice on where to be, can they be kept in the bathroom at all times? Or is there another room she can be kept in that you can keep closed to keep the other cats away?
The only other room I have that can be closed is my own and my older cat has kinda claimed that as her space, my sons room is a loft the bathroom I guess is the best choice! I just feel bad keeping her locked up In there but I have to do what's best for the kittens

kris cowden

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Really pleased for you and Ash, she's doing an amazing job at being a mum. :-D
Thank you tigger is a great Mom as well! Ash has started trying to move her kittens under my bed so now I have to keep them in the bathroom when I'm away or at night while we are sleeping

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
They are so precious!! I'm so glad that mommy and babies are doing well. What are you naming the one you will keep? That will be a tough choice to make!

kris cowden

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
They are so precious!! I'm so glad that mommy and babies are doing well. What are you naming the one you will keep? That will be a tough choice to make!
Thank you, Havent decided yet not sure which one we are keeping, I would love to keep them all

kris cowden

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Quick questions about a kitte ! One of The kittens that I have been noticing looks like the runt he brèathing is very rapid he or she is eating fine and staying warm with Mom! I'm going to call the vet in the morning but was wondering if anyone knows if this is normal, I will say I have noticed it in the other kittens to but for some reason this little one is causing me to worry! I'm a worry wart and I can't help it

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Quick questions about a kitte ! One of The kittens that I have been noticing looks like the runt he brèathing is very rapid he or she is eating fine and staying warm with Mom! I'm going to call the vet in the morning but was wondering if anyone knows if this is normal, I will say I have noticed it in the other kittens to but for some reason this little one is causing me to worry! I'm a worry wart and I can't help it
has this kitten who's been breathing very rapid, the one you think is the runt, been gaining weight each day -- 8-10 grams per day is what he should be gaining, if i remember correctly.

i think you can't go wrong giving your vet a call about your concern.