My Sweet Angel Baby Crossed the Rainbow Bridge 2/5/16

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Those 6 1/2 years were packed with so much love and friendship- more than some people experience in a lifetime. He's still watching over you with lots and lots of love. I'm sure he's very proud of how well you are doing and he sent you a little friend to keep you company now and then. She's a precious little thing.

You don't look a day over 27. Go you!

Hahaha, Thanks Kat!!  (That's when fair skin that only burns turns into a blessing! LOL!  I didn't lay out in the sun as much, or as long as other people would, because I just couldn't).

Yes, I believe he is watching over too. I talk to him sometimes.  It is nice to have the little calico neighbor come by now & then. 

We definitely did have a lot of love in the time we had. He was my one & only baby!  

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Little miss calico came by again today. (she was last here on Wedns.).  She was laying out on the porch waiting for me, when I got up this morning. I looked out the door, & there she was. a very nice pleasant surprise to wake up to. 

and here she is at the door, giving me some of her sassy meows, letting me know she was ready to go.

Last edited:

briana4htexans

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I'm sorry for your loss...I lost my beloved PDQ whom I had for 16+ year..her kidneys were failing and I had to make the heartbreaking choice to put her asleep...this happened a few hours ago and I'm an emotional wreck..I was up with her all last night as she had several seizures and brought her in to vet today...she was eating very little, drinking tons of water , and stopped purring for the last week or so and I blew it off as old age..I was in denial, I know that now...it was the hardest thing I've ever been through, holding her in my arms while the Dr gave her the sedative ..I just couldn't watch my lil firecracker suffer anymore..I miss her terribly and the grief is overwhelming me right now

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi Briana,

I am so sorry for your loss, & that it is what has brought you here.

I understand how you feel. It's hard to believe the 5th will be 6 months already, since Angel's been gone. It does go by fast!

Thank you for your condolences.   

I'm sorry you had to go through that. It's never easy. I knew it was going to be Angel's time soon, his last week too because he was hiding out in the bathroom, so I laid on the floor many times, telling him ALL the things I wanted to tell him. I think that really helped. There was nothing unsaid. 

I'm sure your little girl knew how very much you loved her. She knew she was being set free from the pain. I'm sure she is with you in spirit. I still talk to Angel sometimes, because I know he is here too.

Just today, I was looking at his picture, & telling him how much I missed his silly little self, running around like a crazy monkey.  It will take time, but you will get there.

Right now, take all the time you need to grieve. Cry when you need to cry, you will feel better. But please make sure to also take care of yourself. 

You have come to the right place. Many of us here have been through this, & there is a lot of support here. You will get to know some wonderful people here. I know I have.

When you feel ready, you can start your own rainbow bridge crossing thread for your baby. It will feel good to write. It's therapeutic.  I write poetry, & it does help.

We are here for you. 

Please take care, & let me know when you write a tribute to your baby on the rainbow bridge thread. 

briana4htexans

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you so much..it describes help to read yours and others posts and knowing others understand this horrible grief..it like comes in waves,this terrible sadness,I feel broken...she was here just 24hrs ago and now she's gone. I found a little clump of her fur in our bedroom just a few minutes ago and I totally broke down...I know the pain will subside some in time and I take comfort she is no longer suffering from those awful seizures ..She slept on my chest last night , something she would not usually , it really was the only thing that helped her get through the 2nd seizure...I miss her so damn much!

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It does come in waves. It will for a while. I remember the second  night after, I just broke down & sobbed SO hard!  I was glad my downstairs neighbors weren't home. 

Yes, I clipped some of Angel's hair the night before, & have it in an envelope in my jewelry box. The place who did his cremation, also had a small baggie in a velvet bag with some of his hair in it. I'm sure you saw it in one of my earlier post on this thread. They really did a nice job. 

Yes, take what comfort you can in the fact that she is no longer suffering. Instead, she is playing with all of our kitties over the rainbow bridge. They are all welcoming her, & taking her in. 

Unfortunately, lately, we have lost a lot of our precious TCS kitties. We all miss our babies so much, so you are definitely in understanding company. 

goholistic

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thinking of you, Kelly. I know the 5th was 6 months since you lost Angel.  
  Where does the time go? 

Loving Mickey

Mickey , my heart and soul Angel kitty
Top Cat
Purraise
angels mommy angels mommy Hi Kelly, checking in to see how you are doing.
I also remembered it just passed the 6 month marking period since Angel's passing. I know how hard those "special" dates can bring on the pain.
Just wanted you to know I am thinking of you and hoping you are doing well.

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you all so much for checking in W/ me. I did have a brief tearful moment last night & earier this week, when I had a waxing client was here, & hadn't been since Angel's passing, so I was catching him up on all that happened, but I am glad to say I am ok. I have one of my oldest friends here this weekend, & we are going an hr away to Myrtle Beach tonight, so that will be nice. I am looking forward to it, even though only for one night. It's been so long since I've been away at all.

I love you all so much for being here for me, & checking in.
I am also sending big, big hugs to all of you!

margd

Chula and Paul's roommate
Veteran
Purraise
Glad to see you getting away to the beach for even a night. You deserve it and more! 

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks Margd!
Yea, not about to put on a bathing suite, ( got a tiny bit "puffy" for my 2pcs, lol!) Not too bad, but I wouldn't be seen like that, & hadn't found a nice one piece yet that doesn't look like a "mom" suite, lol!!
So probably just gonna check out some shops, & have a nice dinner somewhere. [emoji]128522[/emoji]
Yes, it will be nice to just be "away." My friend should be here in a few, & then will be leaving.

Loving Mickey

Top Cat
Purraise
Hope you enjoyed your little trip to Myrtle Beach angels mommy angels mommy .
It is so nice and relaxing to get away once in awhile. I think we all need it.

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks guys. It was ok. A little disappointing, because the time was so short, it didn't really get to feel much like a get away. My friend wasn't able to leave until later in the afternoon, so it was pretty much check in time shortly after getting there, then got ready, went to dinner & then just chilled the rest of the night. ( I didn't really have a lot of funds to shop anyway).
I'm still thankful to have gone, but wish it could've at least been the whole weekend. [emoji]128533[/emoji]
Maybe sometime in the future, I'll be able to do that.

Loving Mickey

Top Cat
Purraise
Hi Kelly,
Sorry your little trip was somewhat disappointing. I can understand about it being too short. Sometimes we take a trip to Atlantic City. It is nice when we go for a long week end or even just two days. However, last year we just went for the day (early morning till around 1 a.m.). It was okay and nice, but too quick. By the time we got home, I was more tired than anything.
Hopefully, next time you can go for the entire week end. That would be nice!

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you. Yes, I agree. I was tired when I got back.
It was originally supposed to be for two nights, but since its still summer, the rates were just too expensive for two nights. Maybe when it cools off & prices come way down I'll be able to do it again for longer.

Loving Mickey

Top Cat
Purraise
Kelly, I can sure understand about the expense. Yes, prices are so much higher in the summer. My husband would like to go visit his family, but the air fares are so high at this time of year. He is not sure if he can go right now.
Hope you can get away sometime again.
Have you seen your little calico kitty?
She is just so adorable and obviously is comfortable around you. Smart kitty!!