My Surgery is Monday

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm glad to hear that you're home already, and that everything went well!
Get some rest, and give us an update when you're feeling up to it.

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Glad that you are home and on the road to recovery Tammie.

Sending lots of love and healing vibes your way.

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Glad that it went well and you're home and able to give us that much, Tammie. No go get some rest
and we'll catch up later, when you're feeling up to it.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mzjazz2u

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm still alive. I had to switch pain killers to oxycodone(?) I think it is percocet? It's pretty strong stuff. It sure controls the pain but it also knocks me right out and gives me horrible nightmares. And when I take the maximum dose, sometimes I have to remind myself to breathe. So I cut back to 1 every 6 hours instead of 2 every 4. I'm really puffy all over but I think that is from the fluid when I had an IV. My knee is really swollen, of course. And pretty bruised. My friend stopped by this evening and brought me watermelon and some diet pepsi.
She cleaned up my kitchen a bit, got me something to eat and took the garbage out for me. She's always been such a good friend. Funny thing is, she is my daughters' age.
Ok... that's about all I can provide tonight. I need to go lay back down.

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Sending along some no pain/sweet dreams as you heal vibes.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mzjazz2u

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I must be feeling somewhat better... I actually felt like being on the internet for a little bit! I still have a lot of swelling all over but of course, particularly in my right leg. My poor toes have about dissapeared from swelling.

Anyone else who's had surgery have a hard time getting rid of the excess fluid/edema? I'm assuming it's from the IV's during hospitalization. But it's driving me nuts! I feel like a marshmallow! How long does it take for all this to go away?