My stray cats are sick. What can I do to help?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

queenof3

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
In a easily handable cat I would use terramycin eye ointment.  Ebay has it.  Cat will NOT be happy about that though and when not in the house hard to get them for treatment even if they are very easy most other times.

Lynnew1-is this a short haired cat? I have only had one cat get infected and in a short hair it was quite gross looking!  
How about the powder form? I can mix it in his food. He eats wet food.

queenof3

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Just wanted to give you guys an update: Tuxie's eye has healed up pretty nicely after 10 days of 1/4 of 250mg amoxicillin twice a day. The female cat's ear bumps have disappeared and I've found her a home! She's getting spayed in the coming week and then to her forever home. Tuxie is next. Please pray for him and keep him in yr good thoughts.

Thank you all for your kindness and wisdom :rbheart:

queenof3

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I was just wondering, what are some basic medicines you guys keep on hand for yr feral colony?

ondine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I am very fortunate because my outside guys are not feral, so I can take them to the vet.

Hopefully, someone with a true feral colony will chime in here.  I know many of them use l-Lysine pretty regularly to help boost immune systems.

bonepicker

Animal Lover Extraordinare
Top Cat
Purraise
I used capstar pills and program liquid on food for fleas and a liquid antibiotic (looked like pepto bismol) on food for eye and skin infections

queenof3

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I used capstar pills and program liquid on food for fleas and a liquid antibiotic (looked like pepto bismol) on food for eye and skin infections
You don't remember the name of the antibiotics?