My spayed cat pees on both my blankets AND in her litter box... please help

rchynkim

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My cat who is less than 2 years old, spayed, has developed a really terrible habit of peeing on my blanket. It's happening very frequently especially if she gets frightened by my boyfriend visiting home (I don't allow him to come around anymore). Two nights ago, she even peed on my mom's blanket while she was sleeping with it!! (Me and mom share the bed). However, the strange part is that she also uses the litter box, I see it.

Took her to the vet 2 weeks ago. Took urinalysis. Only thing doctor found was that she had a concentration of urine in her bladder but no signs of infection other than that. Regardless, still took home antibiotic to administer. 

It's her and two fixed male cats living with us. They're all less than 2 years old. But she has a very timid and flighty personality. She's the type to get startled with any sudden noises and is just always on alert. Definitely an anxious personality as pointed out by my vet. I think she feels some agitation when my boy cats want to play roughly with her (especially my tuxedo cat who she sort of despises; she's tolerant/friendly with my siamese lynx). That could be a stress.

I'm thinking of separating her from them when we leave the house, with her own food and litter box and such. The home itself is not extremely spacious as it's a one bedroom. But if I split them up during the day, she would have access to the bedroom, bathroom walkway, etc. And I know she's the type to want to chill on her own in peace. 

Any other suggestions please? I'm so frustrated. This peeing situation has been going on so long and has already cost us so much money :/ When I'm outside of home, I'm always worrying and hoping she won't pee.

Normally since she always pees on the bed with blankets, I've been blocking access to the bedroom while I'm not home. But when I came home today, there was pee inside the kitty play tent on the blanket I put inside there (for them to sleep on in the tent)... She's addicted to peeing on blankets. I'm pretty sure it's her. 

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How many litter boxes do you have?  Have you talked to your vet about the possibility of anti-anxiety medication for her?