My Son Was Killed In A Horrible Car Accident

golondrina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I wish I could offer words capable of soothing your pain Lorie. Words, I know, can sound so empty when pain is deep. My heart goes to you. I wish so much I could help. If it could at all help you to "speak" about him please don't hesitate to do so We are here for you.

margd

Chula and Paul's roommate
Veteran
Purraise
How awful - I am so, so sorry to hear this. Losing a child is the worst thing that can happen to a mother and my heart goes out to you in your grief. I'm looking for words of comfort and can not find any but know that everyone is here for you. Again, I am so terribly sorry that such a dreadful thing should happen.

Docs Mom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Lorie, I am so sorry for the unexpected loss of your son...You will be close in my thoughts...

Lisa

les26

Sylvester's daddy
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so sorry to read this terrible news, my heart breaks for you and I hope you can deal with this heartache with time. It is when I hear terrible things like this that I think of how did my grandmother ever get the strength to go on, she lost her husband in 1975 a grandson in the early 90's to a similar accident as yours and then her son to colon cancer years later, yet lived to 93 despite all that heartache.

I pray that God gives you the strength he must've given her to deal with this awful tragedy, God Bless.....:alright:

Mystikal kitten

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My heart is breaking for your loss. You and your family members are in my prayers. I too have a son who is an only child. I can't say I know your pain but I sure in the heck can understand grief and how much your heart is breaking. If you need or want to PM me (sort of a shoulder to cry on) I'm here for you.

raysmyheart

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am very, very sorry for your loss. There are no words that can take away your grief, but I have said a prayer that your pain will be eased. I just want you to know I am holding you close in thought and prayer.

margecat

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
I am so terribly sorry. I can't even begin to imagine your pain. Please take care of yourself. We're here for you. :hugs:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lorie d.

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally posted by di and bob
I am in Western Nebraska and remember hearing of the accident and wondering if the driver that crossed the median had had a medical problem. My heart breaks that your son was involved, I truly can't comprehend what pain this must bring to a mother's heart. Hold your precious memories tight within your heart, let them comfort you along with the prayers and condolences sent your way. I don't know you, but I cry for your pain and send my love your way. There are no words to say anything that will truly bring comfort right now, except I am so sorry and will keep you both in my thoughts and prayers. Take care of yourself and don't be afraid to lean on friends and family, they will help share your burden,
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

First I want to thank everyone again for their replies. Di do you live anywhere near Ogalla? I know I didn't spell the name of the town right but maybe you know what I mean. There was probably some television coverage of the accident, and I'm glad I won't ever see it because it would be way too painful. My son's memorial service was Monday, June 19, and so many of my son's friends and classmates were there along with many others. I managed to get through the service, but it was the worst day of my life.

ginny

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Omg Lorie I'm so sorry, I can't even imagine! :grouphug2: