My Slightly Awkward Introduction

dalpaengi

A cat snail enthusiast
Young Cat
Purraise
Today is a pretty special day for me so I thought I'd celebrate it here! :p

After some thought, research and preparation, I'm finally prepared enough to adopt my very first cat. Today I put in an application at the local shelter for a 10 month old female Manx and I'll be picking her up before Monday. I'm still cat-ifying the house but..I'm like, 95% ready ( while my parents are kinda apprehensive in an amusing way, haha...? )

Previously, I've owned guinea pigs and ferret. I was blessed to have experienced so many beautiful memories with them.

Little side intro on me: My major preoccupations involve music, drawing, beginners coding, fandom stuff, reading and watching movies so I'm usually multitasking between all of those activities. Aside from that, I enjoy my work, country life and spending time with my family.

It's been a long time since I've posted on a forum but I thought this would be a good one to try since it's pretty active. I'd love to learn something new, share about my kitty adventures and chat. I think that everyone we come in contact with teaches us something. Everyone has their value, their place in our lives, whether it be a temporary or a permanent one.
Yup, that's all I wanted to say for now.

Btw, you can call me Snail because that's what my username means.

・゜。・゜・。・゜・・゜。・゜・。・゜・

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Hello there dalpaengi dalpaengi , welcome to TCS :wave3:

Glad that you've adopted an kitty from the shelter and catifying your house in order to get it ready for the arrival of your new kitty :clap:

Looks like you are all ready and to be a great cat mommy.

This is a truly active real time cat forum with many helpful cats with great experiences and experts in all things cats. Lots of stuffs to learn here and I'm one of them that have learned lots here.
Feel free to ask questions and do check out the rest of the site for its important Articles and informative and interesting forum pages. It'll help you prepare well before your kitty arrives.

Do post photos of your kitty once she's home. See ya around :hellocomputer:

Draco

NOT Malfoy!
Veteran
Purraise
Welcome! We are here to help you adjust to your new kitty (And vice versa) as needed! Congrats on the adoption!

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
Welcome! Congratulations on adopting your new kitty, I'm sure you'll be in for many happy years together. :lovecat2:
And yes, definitely post pics once you welcome your kitty into your home! :)

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Welcome Snail. Have you picked out a name yet? Please do post pictures when you get her.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

dalpaengi

A cat snail enthusiast
Young Cat
Purraise
Welcome Snail. Have you picked out a name yet? Please do post pictures when you get her.
I'm stuck between the name Star or Pumpkin. She's both calico and tortoise shell colored/patterned (I hope that makes sense) and she has green eyes. I'll be posting pictures soon.

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If you go with Star, you could always expand on that with something like Nebula

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

dalpaengi

A cat snail enthusiast
Young Cat
Purraise
If you go with Star, you could always expand on that with something like Nebula
That's a good idea! and I'm a big fan of all things space. Thanks. Considering.