my skinny cat

serenaalcarez89

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
my cat gave birth 10 weeks ago and is no longer breastfeeding but she is really skinny she eats good everything about her is fine she is just really skinny I can see her bones what should I do

lavishsqualor

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The answer to your question is easy. Make an appointment with your vet. He can give her a physical and run any necessary bloodwork to see what may be causing her not to eat. And if he determines she's healthy enough you should definitely get her spayed.

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi. How much is she eating and what kind of food?

If she truly is eating a lot and isn't gaining any weight, then as lavishsqualor lavishsqualor said, she should be seen by a vet and have blood work done (CBC, Chemistry Profile, Thyroid) to see if anything shows up. It could be a whole host of things, but the bloodwork would be a good place to start.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Agree, a vet visit is in order.
Had she been dewormed properly?

Goats milk is a good supplement. Or full fat youghurt, if she takes it.

Many commercial foods contain really to little fat, especially if labelled, say: adult cats indoors... Even kitten food by some brands may contain too little, barely OK for adults.... Dry food for kittens should contain typically about 22% fat - some brands has 14...
I mean, so it does in much depend on what brands are you giving...