My secret santa parcel has been held by customs

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ruthyb

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't know what on earth it could be then?I don't know anyone in the US and I haven't ordered anything from there, oh weird?x

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by katiemae1277

I'm happy to say that the package is NOT from your SS
OK, now, unless you ordered something from overseas in the last couple of weeks, I'd be really curious if this was a scam or something. Very mysterious...

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mrblanche

OK, now, unless you ordered something from overseas in the last couple of weeks, I'd be really curious if this was a scam or something. Very mysterious...
This. Whatever you do, do not pay the fees!

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So glad it isn't from your SS!!!!

But incredibly weird to receive such a package from overseas for that amount of VAT tax.

Call on Monday and ask who the sender is. Perhaps someone in your house ordered something and forgot because it might have been enroute for several weeks.

ruthyb

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Rosiemac

Still ring and ask what the charges were for and the name and address of who sent it
I'm going to ring in the morning, I am totally baffled, so glad its not my SS though and still very excited about SS. I have looked all through my ebay nothing has come from overseas and we haven't ordered anything, theres no way I am paying that much for something that I dont know what it is.x

nurseangel

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Ruthyb

I'm going to ring in the morning, I am totally baffled, so glad its not my SS though and still very excited about SS. I have looked all through my ebay nothing has come from overseas and we haven't ordered anything, theres no way I am paying that much for something that I dont know what it is.x
This is quite puzzling. Maybe they should go through it and see what someone was trying to send you.

ruthyb

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Rung them, they can't tell me what it is and won't tell me who sent it, I am not paying the fees so it is being sent back. Definetely nobody has ordered anything so, its one of them that I may never know
I'm still baffled though
x

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Ruthyb

Rung them, they can't tell me what it is and won't tell me who sent it, I am not paying the fees so it is being sent back. Definetely nobody has ordered anything so, its one of them that I may never know
I'm still baffled though
x
Why not go there and look at the box and see? They probably won't tell you who sent it because you asked about it over the phone.

If there is a parcel there for you, it's likely legit. I wouldn't pay the fee, but I certainly would want to know who sent me something.

ruthyb

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I know what it is!!!!! Its a piece of jewellery that we sold on ebay and it arrived to the lady damaged so she sent it us back for a refund, we have already refunded her so she is not at a loss, she will in the end better off as she will recieve it back, we are ata loss though though as it wasn't cheap but its not worth paying the fees to get it back, get it fixed at a jewellers and re-sell it. It was sterling silver so I think she must have marked the package wrong when she posted it, I only found out as she emailed me today and gave me the tracking number which is on the Parcel force letter and I forgot my mum uses my address for ebay as she works full time. Not sure what to do now but I'm glad I have found out what it was as it was driving me mad. feel like a right idiot now though presuming is was SS
x