My Sammy O Sammy

mimiaow

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I miss my boy so much.  I can't stop crying.  He wasn't supposed to leave me so soon.  My boy.  My sweet, sweet boy.  I'm so sad.

I noticed he wasn't right about a week ago and when I took him to the vet, they found a large tumor under his tongue.  I had to put down my boy.  Nothing could have saved him and he would have suffered.

He was only 11.  I thought he would be with me longer.  My sweet boy who slept by my head every night.  When I reached out he was always there.  Now he's gone. 

I have my girl, Missy, who is 18, and I was expecting she would be leaving me before him.  I was prepared for that, but not my boy.  I am so heartbroken.

My other boy cat, Spot and Missy knows he is gone.  They are staying close to me. 

Last month, I lost the cat I was fostering, Jasmine.  Her kittens went to another foster.  (See Jasmine thread)

Sammy was a very vocal boy.  My house is so quiet.  I only have two cats now.  The house feels so empty without my Sammo.

I had company this week during all this and they left today, too.  It's too quiet.  I want my boy. 

Last edited by a moderator:

margd

Chula and Paul's roommate
Veteran
Purraise
I'm so sorry about Sammy. That's a beautiful picture of him. It is so hard when they are taken from us suddenly and prematurely. I lost my cuddle boy Milo like that and still grieve. I'm glad you are not alone and still have feline company, though I know it does not make up for losing Sammy. Hugs to you.

nurseangel

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm so sorry for your loss.  
  Handsome Sammy, I wish you would have had more time with the one who will always love you.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
I'm very sorry for your loss. Sammy had to leave you too soon. It's tough when it happens so unexpectedly, but hopefully some consolation that he didn't have to suffer long. RIP, Sammy

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so very sorry for your heartache, I know words cannot lessen the agony but only give what comfort they can by letting you know you are not alone. We are all one big family here, joined together by our love for our precious babies, and when one is lost it is a sorrow everyone understands. You shared 11 wonderful years together, Sammy would not want you to remember him with such pain and live the rest of your life in sorrow. You must grieve, you lost an important member of your family, but Sammy is beyond the pain now and is waiting for you at the Rainbow Bridge with Jasmine and the countless others who were so greatly loved and will never be forgotten. Time is the only thing that helps. My heart goes out to you, please accept my sincere condolences on your great loss and know I will keep you all in my thoughts and prayers. Take care of yourself, your other sweet babies need you right now. RIP sweet Sammy!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mimiaow

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you!  It was very quiet in the house once my company left on Saturday.  I missed him all day.  :(

It didn't help that one of the stray cats was hit by a car right in front of my house Saturday night, either.  I'm having a bad cat month.

I know I made the right choice, but I miss my boy. 

lillollypop

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I know it hurts its like you feel no one has ever gone through the pain you're going through. that no one loved their animals as much as you loved Sammy. I know how you feel when my dog Sadie died I thought I was going to die and to tell you the truth I wanted to and I know God was there for me cuz that's when he sent me lolly. I still cry for Sadie you will always miss Sammy but believe me when I say in time it will get a little better I will pray for you and know that you are in my thoughts and prayers everyday

mimiaow

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I brought Sammy home yesterday. :(  They gave me his ashes in a nice wooden box, and also here is his paw print.  I see a couple strands of his fur stuck to it.

Still missing him.  So are my other two kitties.  In their own way, of course.They were never really good pals, but they miss the company.

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Your Sammy was beautiful, I'm so sorry for your loss.  We have footprints and lock of hair from our rainbow kitties (Darcy looked a bit like your Sammy) and it's a nice remembrance, but oh so hard to look at.  I wish you peace.

mimiaow

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
When I went in the basement to clean the litter boxes, he would follow me and sit on a table and watch.  I keep looking at that spot every night, and it's empty.  I still miss him. 

Loving Mickey

Mickey , my heart and soul Angel kitty
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so truly sorry on the loss of your Sammy. I understand all too well the pain you feel and how lonely you are without him. If only words could help us. It does help though to know that other people do understand and share your pain.You are not alone. All of us here understand and are here for you. Your other kitties will help you also. They need you and that will help you. You will always love and miss Sammy. I only hope someday the memories of him will bring you more smiles than tears. I hope that for all of us.Take Care!
RIP Sweet Sammy.
You were very much loved and will always be missed.