my rosie

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

rosiejones

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank u zed that is very kind. Miss her so much got a locket today gonna put lock of hair inside. I'm thinking about going of getting a rescue cat part of me think its too soon. Rosie was a special cat I will never forget her

hellomisskitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I can imagine how hard it is to move on after the loss of your best friend of 20 years. You will never forget your Rosie. She lives on in your heart and your soul. As for adopting a new little one...I think you will know when you are ready. Maybe go visit some shelters and see how you feel? Don't put any pressure on yourself..just go look. When you are there, try not to over analyze and just be present with your feelings. If you are able to do that, I think you'll have a strong feeling one way or another.
When you do end up taking that step, it will be a lovely way to honor Rosie and I've no doubt that when it happens, she will be pleased you are opening your heart and home to another because she knows firsthand just how much love you have to give [emoji]10084[/emoji]️

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

rosiejones

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Feeling so emotional today. Miss rose so much. I've been thinking of getting another cat I realise I'm still grieving noone can replace her. Didn't want her to suffer but it's broken me I have so many memories she was so loving and unique.

les26

Sylvester's daddy
Top Cat
Purraise
We all understand here how you feel, you will have some pretty bad days, then some not too bad, then bad again, and it might even really hit you hard as time goes on, but it will find it's level and start to get better a little bit at a time, day by day. Keep thinking of Rosie and how good of a cat she was, and think of the good times and please know that she is in a place now where she is well again, it is you who are hurting because you loved her so much and that is normal.

Listen to your heart and it will tell you whether or not to get another kitty and when, sometimes it is best to get one right away and other times not, better to wait until the right time, but each situation is unique and only you will know when the time is right.

Take care, God Bless....

pippen

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Feeling so emotional today. Miss rose so much. I've been thinking of getting another cat I realise I'm still grieving noone can replace her. Didn't want her to suffer but it's broken me I have so many memories she was so loving and unique.
I'm so sorry for your loss, and for your deep sense of grief. You'll know when the time is right. I lost my kitty of 11 years a month ago and it's so painful. While there never will be another one like him, I've really been feeling the void of having him gone. I really didn't think I was ready, but a few days ago I decided to visit the shelter just to test it out. It was amazing what walking into a room full of cats did for my spirits--just being there was therapeutic in itself. The last cat I visited was a sweet boy who needs me as much as I need him, and I've started the ball rolling to hopefully make him part of our family. 

As I said, you'll know when the time is right, but sometimes just a tiny step can go a long way in the healing process.

Many hugs to you.