My Ringo has played matchmaker from beyond

fearlessbenjamn

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Ok. So i have been posting quite a bit lately about having to put my kitty Ringo to sleep due to FIP. It has been beyond devastating. Its been almost two months and me and my husband have slowly been thinkng about adopting. I was going ]back and forth in my head about where to adopt from. I wanted the cat that needed us the most. I wld even ask Ringo to please send me the kitty he knew we cld help the most. Well Mr Ringo did just that. Last night i was in my back yard. I look to my left and a cat is walking towards me. ***???? Poor baby is a skeleton with fur. I fed him and I put him in my laundry room for the night. Got up bright and early and took him to the vet. Didnt want him to get my other three sick. Turns out he is an older fella. The vet said at least ten. He has some kind of hyper thyroid and needs meds for the rest of his life. Other than that he is fine. I know i am breaking my own heart adopting an older boy. I mean how many years cld he have left. But he needs us. And like my Ringo he now has a home and a family to call his own. Ringo sent him to me. I know that for a fact. I cld hear him say "go see my mom and dad, they will take care of u". I dont know how long we will have him but that doesnt matter to me. We will love him like we love the rest of our gang.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
It was fate and Ringo is looking down smiling.  Senior cats are very lovable and now your new guy is in his forever home.
  What did your husband and you name him?

arouetta

Slave of Bastet's acolytes
Top Cat
Purraise
Don't down yourself wondering how many years he has left in a bad way.  Cats are really long lived now, he could still have another 10 to go.

hellomisskitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Way to go Ringo [emoji]10084[/emoji]️[emoji]128519[/emoji]!!! He got tired of waiting so he took matters into his own paws!

I'm so happy for you and your family and that sweet boy who now has a safe, loving place to call home. Ringo's heart is full of happiness and joy over this.
Please keep us posted on how your new family member is doing and what you decide to name him!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

fearlessbenjamn

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
His name is Paul. He is such a sweet boy. He already has his spot on my bed. He has been sleeping on and off all day. Don't know if he is exhausted from life on the streets or this thyroid issue. Cld be a combination of both. I gave him his medicine so hopefully he will feel better soon. I did not expect all this to happen so I am a little exhausted myself. Has anyone had any experience with this thyroid condition. My vet said it happens in older cats but that out everything he cld have had this is easiest to treat.