My ring doesn't fit!

tuxedokitties

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm not a jeweler, but gained this info during my recent ring-shopping adventure.

Try going in to try on rings in a shape similar to your ring at different times of day - go to a place that offers a wide selection, so they'll have rings in all different sizes for you to try. You should probably start with the 6 &3/4, if the 7 is too loose all the time.

Ideally, your ring should fit so that it is snug (but not too tight) when your hands are swollen, but never so loose that it would fall off, even if they're cold. If your hands swell a lot & you can't find a size that fits whether your hands are swollen or shrunken, you can go with the larger size & a good jeweler can fit you with a ring guard to wear with your ring when your hands are smaller.

Using the engagement ring just in case is a great idea.

*Here's a site that shows & explains the ring guard - they sell them to apply yourself, but you might want to have a qualified jeweler do it for you unless you're more daring than I am.
http://viewithere.com/ring_guard/ringguard.html

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jugen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
that is a great idea tuxedokitties! I never though of that. I think I will have to get one and have some one put it in a new ring for me! thanks everyone for helping me (and Brad!) you guys are the best!

ilovecats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Relax, this is going to be your special day,and you WILL find the soultion.(can't spell at times) Personaly,I think you should try the 6 1/2. You are good to try to relax yourself,though. Us worrywarts to tend to go a little bit over the edge. A little drama never hurt anyone. Just take deep breaths,and remember, its gonna be okay.

ilovecats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
GRRRRRRR. Sometimes i really bother myself...
I didn't read all the posts before... Sorry.
Anyhow,that what i would have said. Now... I am so happy you found a soultion. Congrats,and I am really happy for you. happy wedding day for you guys!

purrjun

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
while you are waiting for your new ring...it WILL arrive in time...just gohome and cuddle with your furballs..they'll make everything purrrrrrrrrrfect. And the suggestion to get a stand in (standby) ring is good-the jeweler should throw that in for good customer relations...at least the jeweler that mis measured (did they use the same width band to measure your finger as the width the ring is going to be???makes a bid difference--also, if your hands were cold they could have measured smaller)
good luck

jeeperscat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My engagement ring doesn't fit either.... it's too big. I had my finger sized and it still doesn't fit right. I hope it all comes right in the end (I'm sure it will!)