My rescue cats...thought maybe Von could be part Maine Coon

jtjenn

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Von is my real light colored cat and Danzig is the darker orange tabby. They are both big sweethearts.

Last edited by a moderator:

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Everything is fully possible.  The problem is, as I see it, its Danzig on the first pic, whom maybe has some look alikeness to a Maine.

While Von, the girls fiancée, although very pretty hasnt the apparent look alike similiarity...     I cant really tell anything for just one part body photo where I see only the head and the tail, but the head reminds me of a typical nice shorthair, + a grandious tail to it...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jtjenn

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
This is one of my rescue kitties. Von is a big cat and thought maybe he could have some Norewegian Forest cat or Maine Coone. What do you think?
Von

Last edited by a moderator:

bodester413

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
He's gorgeous. Love his markings.  After my sister adopted a Maine Coon (Jasper) we were looking in a cat breed book and comparing them to the Norwegians. They do look very similar. If I remember correctly the profile of the Norwegian's face was fairly straight....from the forehead down the nose....and the Maine Coon had a small dip on the end of the nose. I think the Norwegian's head shape was more triangular too.