My Ragdoll Kitten Had To Be Rehomed, Will She Be Okay?

ragdollhugger

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have a 3.5 year old ragdoll/himi cat, and decided to get a second kitten. It's been a while, and my older cat just couldn't get accustomed to the kitten and was trying to attack her constantly. I had to keep them separated at all times, and it caused a lot of stress for both cats. The kitten wanted to roam the house and play, but I had to confine her to a room for so long so she'd stay safe. Sadly, I decided it would be best for both cats to rehome the kitten. I ensured that she was going to a good home, and she found a great home with a loving family. I want to know if she will forget me and how long it will take for her to adjust and be okay? It hurt me so much giving her away, and I really didn't want to but I had to do what's best for both cats. I just want to know is she will be okay with her new loving and caring family.

PS. I checked extensively to make sure the new owners were 100% amazing and were ready for a kitten and its responsibilities

ArtNJ

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Kittens bounce, and it doesn't sound like the experience in your house was so terrible either. The kitten will be totally fine, stop torturing yourself.

All of that said, don't try again with another kitten. Obvious right? If you must get another cat, try an older cat with similar temperment to your cat, do a proper introduction and let us know if having problems.

It can be tough to introduce a kitten to a resident cat that is older than 2 years -- that is normal. And sometimes they never become friends despite your doing everything right. Actual attacks on the kitten with intent to injure are very rare (domestic cats don't normally attack small kittens with intent to injure...some sort of hard coding in the genes), but if that is what you had, you had no choice.

duckpond

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So sorry the new kitten didn't work for your resident cat. Sorry you had to rehome her. Maybe whats best for the kitten, and your older cat, but still hard on the human. Sounds like you did what was right, and checked the new family well. I expect she will do wonderful. Hopefully your older cat is happy again :)