My queen suddenly stopped eating!

areen

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hello everyone, Kamoon my pregnant cat ( week 7 of pregnancy) has suddenly stopped eating and she's acting unusually.. being scared to be touched and especially when i pet her head she gets hurt and does a poor voice, she doesnt let me touch her.. She's been sleeping all the time.

I found out about her strange behavior this morning when i offered her a plate of wet food she's refusing to eat and seems weak.. I'm getting worried. I dont know how to make her eat and get up on her feet T_T 

Last night she was very normal she ate, was very ok and all but this morning! idk what´s happening to her :`(

Thank you very much

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise

Hello everyone, Kamoon my pregnant cat ( week 7 of pregnancy) has suddenly stopped eating and she's acting unusually.. being scared to be touched and especially when i pet her head she gets hurt and does a poor voice, she doesnt let me touch her.. She's been sleeping all the time.

I found out about her strange behavior this morning when i offered her a plate of wet food she's refusing to eat and seems weak.. I'm getting worried. I dont know how to make her eat and get up on her feet T_T 

Last night she was very normal she ate, was very ok and all but this morning! idk what´s happening to her :`(

Thank you very much
Do you have access to a good vet?  Its wise with a consultation.

They CAN be sick for real, although pregnant.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Ps.   And the vet consultation asap, not in several day.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
IF  you cant get her to a vet, nor even get phone advices,

treat her conservative, pray and hope for the best.

Keep her warm and cozy.   Try to give into her fluids - pedialyte bought or  homemade pedialyte (honey water and a little kitchen salt as basic pedialyte),  fluid foods - goats milk or kmr....  Forcefeed if necessary...

Please report, even if nothing much happens.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

areen

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
The vet checked her 4 days ago and gave her bacterial vaccine... She also was sick ( had cold and coughing) he said he found some lung problems casuing her coughing and that.. he gave me 10 pills for 5 days i already gave her 6 pills for 3 days and stopped when i saw her result today :((

This picture i took now. Why's she drolling?? She's scaring me :(

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
It sounds as though the medicine is making her ill. What is the name of the medicine?

You need to call the vet asap and tell them her symptoms. It sounds like she is having a bad reaction!

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
This picture i took now. Why's she drolling?? She's scaring me :(
If you are paying patient to this vet, you could perhaps get a new consltation for free, or at least cheaper - if its the same errand.

Also, as you ARE paying patient, he will be probably willing to give advices over the phone.    Many vets are very reluctant to talk over the phone with people whom arent regular customers.

Your instincts tell you something is wrong - I think so too.   Act now, not later.  Please.

areen

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
You think so. ? Ye I will straightly call the vet now and ask him bout it. 

Thanks!

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Please let us know what the vet says. Also, what is the name of the medicine?

areen

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I dont actually know I will ask him, He hasnt reply to my call yet but... THANK YOU VERY MUCH STEFANZ CUZ I followed your intructions and mixed honey-water-kitchensalt  and forced her to get some...2 minutes later she stood up and went outside, I offered her little amount of food and she FINALLY ATE ^^ thanksssssss I added more food and she's eating now :)) althought she still look sick but im glad she ate after all !!

TYVM GUYS !

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Please keep her inside at all times now. She should not go outdoors at all now.

areen

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Dw she has a very warm house at home enternace. But will keep her inside most of the time :)

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Dw she has a very warm house at home enternace. But will keep her inside most of the time :)
She needs to stay inside where you can supervise.  Cats who are unwell run off sometimes to hide, or even die.  It's instinct.  They also do this when delivering babies because they are very vulnerable.  You need to keep mom and babies inside so you can make sure that all is well.

In addition, mom cannot go outside at all until the babies have weaned.  She can get pregnant again within a week of delivery, even without going into heat.  This is brutal for her body, and will also cause her to abandon her litter.  

Do you plan to have her spayed after this litter?

areen

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
If i do, she dont get pregnant again?

areen

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
But what if she wants more kittens in the future !

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise

But what if she wants more kittens in the future !
You mean, after she is spayed?  She will not come into heat any more, so the urge as such will disappear.  Of course, quite a few cats, females and even some males, do have good maternity and caretaking instincts.

A very good solutions is to be a fostering home for orphans, cooperating with some shelter nearby.  This is quite some work for you if you must handfeed them.  But the rest, warming up, caretaking, washing, teching how to be a good cat  - all this will your cat do.

A totally  win - win situation!

Or you can let her be a therapy cat, helping old people with their aching rheumatism...   Or help you with your own children, protecting them, warming them up, playing with them...

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Cats do not "want" kittens. They are not capable of the emotions involved, like humans, in deciding if they desire offspring. Cats are driven strictly by hormones, so "wanting" kittens is not a choice for them. They go into heat, are driven to mate, and then proceed to have litter after litter. It is a terrible fate for cats!

Once spayed she will no longer experience heat cycles, and can therefore live a happy, healthy life as a house pet.

areen

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Oo now i have a better idea about a cat being spayed. Thanks for the info :)