My queen and her kittens

Heatherpuk

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi , my queen ,won't use cat litter tray ,she wants out to do the toilet ,how do I get her to use tray , I've put it away from her bed and food dish ,first time on cat site and first pregnancy thanks

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Put her tray by the door. When she meows to go out, put her in the litter box. Do not let her out. She will figure it out. Also, she may prefer a layer of sand or dirt on top for now if that’s what she’s used to.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Heatherpuk

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Put her tray by the door. When she meows to go out, put her in the litter box. Do not let her out. She will figure it out. Also, she may prefer a layer of sand or dirt on top for now if that’s what she’s used to.
Thanks for advice I shall try that.

vince

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Might try putting some scat under the litter if she's always gone out. If it smells like a place to poop, she'll be more likely to use the box.

Edit: Just read she's pregnant. Until she's fixed, don't let her out. She can get pregnant even while nursing.

Last edited:

Heatherpuk

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Might try putting some scat under the litter if she's always gone out. If it smells like a place to poop, she'll be more likely to use the box.

Heatherpuk

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Perfect ,I will try this as well , thank you

Heatherpuk

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Bella had 3 kittens this morning she delivered in my clothes unit how soon can I bring them out to emptied bottom of it , then put clean bed in cupboard

Heatherpuk

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Bella gave birth to 3 kittens this morning in my clothes unit , when can I move them out to clean bottom of unit and put bed in babies are doing great .

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Congratulations to Bella and you!!!! Set up another bedding area that is similar to what she has (as much as is possible) and see if she will move them there on her own. You might even try a couple of different options for her to try. For now, I wouldn't worry about the condition of her current bed, at least not for the first few days.