My punishment for leaving him home alone for 30 minutes...

cmshap

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
First of all, this picture is years old. It's just something funny I like to share now.

Willy has had separation-anxiety issues which we've since worked on. But one day, I left my apartment for 30 minutes, and came back to find that this had happened...
20220607_184635.jpg

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You don't have to have a dog to blame it ON a dog (as far as I'm concerned, anyway!)
And as CATastrophic as this may have been, I must say our beloved angel Rani ran rings around Willy. I called her my PURRformance artist but unfortunately never arrived in time to catch her in the act of creating one of her bathroom masterpieces with the TP.:insertevillaugh:🚽
IMG_0011.JPG

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

cmshap

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You don't have to have a dog to blame it ON a dog (as far as I'm concerned, anyway!)
And as CATastrophic as this may have been, I must say our beloved angel Rani ran rings around Willy. I called her my PURRformance artist but unfortunately never arrived in time to catch her in the act of creating one of her bathroom masterpieces with the TP.:insertevillaugh:🚽
View attachment 446033
You should have seen when he dragged the paper towel roll holder onto the floor... then grabbed the edge of the paper towel roll and dragged it out about 10 feet across the living room. 😂

I wish I still had that picture... It was on a previous phone I lost.

Margot Lane

Kitten at heart, not a Top Cat
Top Cat
Purraise
You should have seen when he dragged the paper towel roll holder onto the floor... then grabbed the edge of the paper towel roll and dragged it out about 10 feet across the living room. 😂

I wish I still had that picture... It was on a previous phone I lost.
That’s pretty clever, I think anyway. What sorta of things did you do to make him less anxious?

cmshap

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That’s pretty clever, I think anyway. What sorta of things did you do to make him less anxious?
Basically adding more enrichment in his environment while I am gone. Not everything was successful at first. Although I think he is a smart animal, he never "got" these spinning toys. Below is a pic of him not understanding how to play with this toy. 😂

But otherwise, just giving him a wide variety of things to play with while I am gone.

20210706_161830.jpg

catloverfromwayback

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Basically adding more enrichment in his environment while I am gone. Not everything was successful at first. Although I think he is a smart animal, he never "got" these spinning toys. Below is a pic of him not understanding how to play with this toy. 😂

But otherwise, just giving him a wide variety of things to play with while I am gone.

View attachment 446050
Oh that’s funny! My Daisy has one of those. She loves ripping into the cardboard or sitting on it, but doesn’t play with the ball much, though I think Phoebe does.

cmshap

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I knew I’d guess wrong! 😆

We really need a Dad version of Meowmy. Or just a general one. Purrent, maybe?
That works for me, although for a long time I resisted the "parent" puns. It felt overly silly and I never owned a cat before this one.

But after 8 years of owning him, I am totally his dad.

cmshap

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They can indeed (though I liked the St Gertrude one well enough to post it here the other day).
Can you link me to that? I don't dislike all of them. In fact I have loved some of them. It's just that some can get overly cringey for me.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah, I cringe at "owning" living beings, because I'm sure some of my ancestors were "owned" and it really, really rankles. We don't own living beings. For my family, cats have always been FAMILY, never "pets." We are their fellow family members, guardians, and loved ones. But the memes? I don't mind them. Some people do consider themselves "parents" of their cats. Not my thing, but anyway.
spam-donor.jpg

...as to THIS one...hmmmm!:insertevillaugh:

cmshap

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah, I cringe at "owning" living beings, because I'm sure some of my ancestors were "owned" and it really, really rankles. We don't own living beings. For my family, cats have always been FAMILY, never "pets."
All pets are family. I have said this in other threads, but Willy is my first cat ever, and he's been with me through a lot over the last 8 years. COVID isolation was tough for me and he was incredible to have.

Also grew up with dogs, and went through multiple life cycles of them being one of my best friends ever and then having to let them go, eventually. I understand what to expect now as my cat is aging.