My promotion at work

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
As many of you know not only do I have my small landscaping business about 20 months ago I picked up a part time (12 hours/week)job.

This job is at an artisinal bakery and I have expanded my hours and duties over the past year. In March the owners opening a second location so I took over most of the co-owners duties as she is now at the new location.

Next week the owners will announce the creation of three new management positions. I will be the Retail Manager overseeing about 13 people!

So that's about all for now other than a list of my job description. I'll be having some training at the franchise headquarters soon.

That was unexpected!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks all. I will have about 13 people that will supervise (YIKES). The other two people that are also getting mgr positions and I have lots of ideas to streamline some tasks and are ready to get started!

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Congrats Gail!

BTW, how do you work at a bakery and not get enormous? I would be eating my way through their profits every day!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Actually not sampling all the time is pretty easy! We have a sample board with at least 6 items out at any one time-I guess since you can have a taste any time you want I don't know its always there no urge to taste! We can take items home every day too-how much can two people eat in a week! But we do make some specialty ones only once/month so those I'll try to take home if not sold out. Today for instance is pretzel bread/pretzel ficelle (like a skinny baguette) or soft pretzels which a couple came home.
Also a demi cheese focaccia came home too! (those are only friday and saturday)
I'm on my feet and moving pretty constantly too so that helps too.