My Pregnant Cat

DomDom92

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi all. Found out my Cat is Pregnant just before getting her spayed. Typical. And we only found out last Friday. Got a ultrasound done and was told 4, maybe 5 kittens. We got her hacked as was spotting blood. And the last couple days has been discharge. And today has been like a white/green colour. I have attached a photo. Is this normal or is there anyway to tell how far she is ? As the certs are fully booked till Friday.
Thanks in advance

Attachments

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
White/green is never good, it usually indicates infection. I would call the vet, email them that picture and see what they say and if they can give you an antibiotic to start her on. This is really an emergency, so I hope you can get her in as soon as possible. Is she acting normal, or lethargic and refusing to eat? Acting normal means she is early on in this and it may help. Can you explain what having her 'hacked' means? It may help. If she is still pregnant and near the end of her term the fluid could indicate starting labor, but it still could go on for a week. Clear fluid means the amniotic sac has broken, and if she doesn't start labor in an hour or two something is wrong. The mucus plug is somewhat liquid, usually white/yellow. If she is acting normal, once more, that is good, if she seems stressed, meowing, pacing, hiding, or quits eating, get her in. Please keep us posted!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

DomDom92

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
White/green is never good, it usually indicates infection. I would call the vet, email them that picture and see what they say and if they can give you an antibiotic to start her on. This is really an emergency, so I hope you can get her in as soon as possible. Is she acting normal, or lethargic and refusing to eat? Acting normal means she is early on in this and it may help. Can you explain what having her 'hacked' means? It may help. If she is still pregnant and near the end of her term the fluid could indicate starting labor, but it still could go on for a week. Clear fluid means the amniotic sac has broken, and if she doesn't start labor in an hour or two something is wrong. The mucus plug is somewhat liquid, usually white/yellow. If she is acting normal, once more, that is good, if she seems stressed, meowing, pacing, hiding, or quits eating, get her in. Please keep us posted!
. apologies it was meant to say we had her checked. She seems herself, still eating and drinking and seems to sleep a lot the past few days and move from spot to spot. And only meows when I won’t let her outside as I’m trying to keep her in now. It looks more yellow that green on the discharge.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I will tag an expert in cat pregnancy for you, I hope it helps. Sarthur2 Sarthur2 . Do you know if she is near the end of her pregnancy? If she is near the end it could definitely indicate that her labor is ready to start, but it still could be up to a week. It seems endless! If she doesn't seem stressed and is still eating/drinking, just keep an eye on her. you could send the vet a picture of that and still see what they say.....

DomDom92

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
We had her scanned with ultrasound on Friday. And the woman said she could see 4/5 kittens, spines and heartbeats. And she said I was a struggle because of how fluffy the cat is. So she said she must be quiet far gone to be able to see why she did.

literally most of today she’s just slept, go up a few times an move place and then just slept again.
but she isn’t massive but she is constantly cleaning.
So some signs are there and some aren’t so just trying to do what’s best and get some help :)

DomDom92

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Here is a photo I’ve just taken if any help ?

DomDom92

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
She isn’t massive tho? And belly hasn’t dropped ? And she hasn’t started nesting ? Plus can’t see any babies moving in her tummy? Yet on Friday we had a scan and could see 4 with heartbeats

sorry this is the first time so I haven’t got a clue on this, and just wanna make sure she’s ok. But vets can’t see her for another couple days

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The moms usually look smaller right before birth as the kittens line up in the birth canal. They are tighter in there too, so less movement. The waiting seems forever, I know. I swore several times they just weren't coming!