My Precious Ophelia...6/1999 - 11/01/11

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
What a beautiful tribute, and like everyone else, I'm having trouble typing through my tears.  I'm so sorry she's gone 

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Heidi, I'm so sorry you've lost your precious Ophelia. What a wonderful relationship you've had for 12 years. How can you let go after that? There's no easy way through the pain.
  You will remember all the good that came from rescuing her from the wall, all those wonderful memories.

Last edited:

kookycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Typing here with tears rolling down my face.    What a beautiful tribute ---- thank you for sharing your story.

We can all relate to how  you feel --- please know that our thoughts are with you.

miss mew

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Heidi....I don't have any words...only tears.

May your precious girl play happily at the Rainbow Bridge.

eilcon

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Thank you for sharing such a beautiful tribute to your precious girl, Heidi. I'm so sorry you lost Ophelia, but know she will always be you. Thinking of you guys.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
That was such a beautiful tribute, Heidi. :bawling: I am so very sorry for your loss. :hugs to you and Earl. RIP sweet Ophelia. :angel:

jennyr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Heidi, I am so sorry, I know how much it hurts. She was a beautiful girl and had a wonderful life with you. It is so sad she left you earlier than could be expected, but you did all you could to make the end as comfortable and quick as possible. :grphug:

lorie d.

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Omg!!!!!  Heidi I'm absolutely shocked to read you've lost your precious Ophelia!  I know how much she meant to you and Earl and my thoughts are with you both. 

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Heidi, that was a beautiful tribute. I will always consider Ophelia to be one of the founder cats here on TCS. I feel like she's a sister in spirit to our Mishmish, another fierce feral-turned-pet with many shared characteristics.

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Thank you all so much for sharing Ophelia's life with me on the site, with this short(ish) tribute to her life (well, it is short for 12 years!), and sharing a bit of our grief with us. :touch:

Pam, you asked about how Trent is doing... He has been a bright spot to me. When I told him about Ophelia I was crying, of course. He looked up at her apartment then put his head down. But when he lifted his head up again he had his little tongue sticking out. :tongue: :lol2: I cannot help but laugh when he does that - it is the cutest thing! ...And he knows I love it. The message from him was very clear. He understood but he didn't want me to cry anymore. :touch: Is it any wonder we love these cats this much that it also hurts this much when they move on without us. On the other hand...he has also been throwing up a lot since she passed, so we need to deal with that.

The little girls had a very interesting reaction as well. I told them when all three of them were in the bedroom. All three of them lowered their heads, like people do when praying or having a moment of silence. Now that it's been a couple days, the calicos are pretty much back to normal but Mojo does appear to be mourning. I will say the dynamic of the household has really changed.

And Ophelia has made an appearance too. Earl lost a set of earphones during our trip to Illinois the 1st week of October. He tore apart every bag we brought with us, looked in the car, everywhere. Nothing. Last night when I went in to the bedroom to lay down there they were on the middle of the bed, all wrapped up like he had put them there. I didn't think much of it until he came in and said, "You found them???" So neither of us had actually "found" these earbuds that he had lost sometime around the 13th of October, but there they were! I told him, "Looks like Ophelia found them for you. Be sure to say thank you." :angel3: :bicolor: :angel3:

Oh Heidi, that is so touching about Trent.... what a sweet boy..... these babies certainly bring us a deep love. Trent is just precious and I hope his tummy settles soon. :heart3:

Sending special vibes for sweet Mojo, too :heart3:

That gave me chills about Earl's earbuds.... how comforting.... :heart3:

More thoughts and vibes that way as the dynamic changes and for all of you to be comforted during this grieving of sweet Ophelia ~hugs~

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Thank you everyone for your kind words and for sharing a piece of my heart (reading the memorial).

We go to pick up Ophelia's ashes today and bring her home. :rbheart:

lilyluvscats

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
RIP Ophelia. Your tribute made me cry like everyone else.

Last edited:

captiva

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Heidi,

I'm so sorry I am just seeing this.  My tears are just falling for you.  I wish I knew what to say but there are never good words
 I hope you both heal from your loss quickly. 

Last edited: