My Precious Jaspurr

furrypurry

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
E33F5113-9D7C-49B0-81D6-58FA50449204.jpeg
0655FFB2-35D6-42FB-8B83-A84837134CAB.jpeg
He had primary lung cancer. We had 8 good months together after diagnosis before he started to get sick. I never even considered putting him through surgery or chemo. In our case it probably would not have worked anyway because there were more small spots on his lungs in addition to the one mass. He fought so hard and because of that I am feeling guilty about holding on too long. But it is such a fickle disease and he had good and bad days. But the good days started to be few and in the end his breathing difficulties were what showed me I needed to let him go. We had fluid drained from his chest twice, but it became evident that it was filling back up quickly. He was precious and absolutely loved me. His favorite thing to do (when he was in the mood, of course) was snuggle up in my lap with that sweet soft head tucked up under my chin. I used to say he liked to neck with me. I guess he found my scent comforting. I suppose I smelled like home. His fur was the softest and I miss that so much. That purr was instant, loud and strong. And that beautiful tail was always waving if he was near me. He loved to follow me around if I was dusting and so many times I would look up from working in the kitchen or on the computer to find him quietly sitting there gazing at me with those blue eyes. He was mama’s helper. His favorite toy was those little rubber balls and he loved to bring them to me, howling all the way. He would drop them at my feet and of course wait for me to tell him how pretty it was and what a good hunter he was. I called him My Precious Boy. I will never understand why he got that horrible cancer. Nobody here smokes or has ever smoked in this house. I was so careful about trying to protect them (he and his brother, Purrcy) but this is the hand we were dealt. I felt special because he was so shy and timid and I was the only person he ever related to. He never would even interact with my husband, who tried his best to be his friend and never raised his voice to him. I was his human. God loaned Jaspurr to me for 11 years, but I suppose he needed another furry angel. There is no doubt my Jaspurr has his wings.

les26

Sylvester's daddy
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so sorry that you lost your Precious boy, he was gorgeous....so sad when they get sick like that, it never seems fair but unfortunately that's what happens in this life for them and us humans, but you had a wonderful relationship and life with him even though you wanted more. He is relieved to be out of his pain riddled body now and is just fine, just fine now no more issues and you will see him again down the line.

"Their last breath on Earth is their first breath in Heaven" :rbheart:

I hope that your heart heals a bit more each day, Lord Bless you......:alright: :grouphug: :rbheart:

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
What a beautiful tribute. Jaspurr couldn't have had a better home or better cat-parents, and you couldn't have had a better furry companion.

I'm so sorry. :hugs: My thoughts are with you.

RIP, little Jaspurr. :rbheart:

Plumeria

Leroy's Mommy
Adult Cat
Purraise
Jaspurr is beautiful and so fluffy! It must've been amazing to have him in bed with you. He is still with you even though you can no longer see him in his original form. The deep bond and love you two had will never die. I know this is an excruciating time for you. The raw pain, numbness, utter devastation, abdominal pain, lack of appetite, wondering if you can go on.....these are some of the things I felt the first week. Time does make you stronger. Cancer is a devil of a disease. My 9 year old Leroy had surgery for intestinal lymphoma in late April. Had a prognosis of 2-3 years. A week later, we learned the lymphoma was also in his brain. We tried chemo but lost him 2 weeks later. You have a hard journey ahead of you. When the going gets tough, or you need someone to talk to, you know where we are. Hang in there, take it one day at a time...or even an hour at a time.

Hugs from one grieving mom to the other
:grouphug2::grouphug2::grouphug2:

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
What a lovely boy! I'm so sorry you lost him. It must feel good to have been loved by a special cat like Jaspurr.

You have so many nice memories of him. They're never really gone when they live on in your heart that way.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so happy you had each other for those eleven years, he was as much a joy to you as you were to him. Once in a while we have a cat that really connects with our heart. One that becomes more in our lives than just a companion or pet. Jaspurr was that to you.
He shared your life's journey for those years, and I'm sure you were the comfort he needed when he had to go. I agree with you on the way you went with his treatments, I have seen so many times over the years when all the chemo and surgery in the world does little but bring more misery. When the prognosis is terminal, I think you did just right in caring for your sweet boy.
The bond you have with that precious boy will be with you forever. Please don't dwell on the end, it brings nothing but heartache, and makes the death more important than the life. And it is his life that brought you so much.
Love is eternal, it wants nothing more than to bring joy and happiness to the one it chooses. Jaspurr wants no less for the one he loved so much. He wants only joy in your life, just as you would want for him if you were the first to go. So concentrate on those precious memories you have, of the good times. He would want it no different.
The path he follows now will never be far from your own, eternally connected with that bond of love. A bond so strong that not even death can take it from you. Know he is near and will be sending his love and comfort for the rest of your own life. That the place he has in your heart is secure, and make it a place of sunshine and joy, allowing it to grow and bloom, not wither in a place filled with darkness and grief.
My heart goes out to you, I know how much this hurts. And for how long. One day you will smile at your memories, but for now we are here for you to cry with. Take care of yourself, and celebrate having that sweet boy in your life for eleven years.to have never met him at all would have been tragic......RIP dear Jaspurr. You will be so dearly missed. May the good Lord bless and keep you until you meet again!

solomonar

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
All flowers blossom and then welk. We love the flower and enjoy the fruit which used to be a flower.

When a Creature passed away, we cease to see and admire the flower. But we keep the fruit for ever in our Soul.

Keep loving.

Tears here.

solomonar

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
For sure is not the time to discuss this, but I hope I will be forgiven.

The cancer cause is not always known. But in some cases, the home environment may spread radioactive isotopes or the construction materials have forbidden components like asbestos.

It may be worth checking the house against such pollutants with the local Agency for Public Health or for Environment.

The cat is a low-cut animal, is very close to the floor and can enter strange places. Given this profile and small weight, and taking into account that the respiratory organs are more sensitive than the digestion ones in this species, cat may get sick much faster than a human in polluted environment.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Rest you gentle, Jaspurr, dream you deep. You walk in your mama's heart forever.

He was, and is, a stunningly beautiful cat. Bless him, his poor little body could no longer support his great heart and loving spirit, so he put off that heavy coat of flesh. Now he dances on the startlight, ever near, ever by your side, ever loving. Love never dies. It changes form, but continues on, still Love. Love abides.