My Poppy is pregnant

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

poppy89

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Unfortunately kittie number 3 died :( again born breach and she was pushing for so long!

Kitten number 4 has just come out!!

poppy89

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Poppy had kitten number 4 around 5 hours ago now, I think she still may have another one to come but I can't be sure, her back legs are still trembling and every now and then she lets off a big push

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
P poppy89

I'm so sorry about kitten 3. That happens when they stay in the birth canal too long after their sac breaks.

Was 4 breech too? Did the placenta come out with 4?

How long has she been pushing again now? Can you see a kitten?

Also, has Poppy had any food or water at all?

This has been rough!

Last edited:

poppy89

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yeh all 4 kittens were breach! I have had to take her to the vets where she will stay there until kitten arrives! They have xrayed her and said there is another kitten still inside! No she hasn't eaten she isn't interested! They have given her an injection to help to deliver the kitten, hopefully that works, ok As I am unable to pay for a c section at the moment

poppy89

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I Havnt slept yet and am really emotional about poor poppy! If it comes to her needing a c section is there a charity which can help find this for me

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
You can perhaps set up a payment plan with the vet. Hopefully she will deliver the kitten naturally with the help of the labor-stimulating drug. They will hopefully use massage to get the kitten out as well. Is the kitten inside of her still alive?

Are her other kittens with her?

poppy89

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yeh the kittens are with her!

Hopefully she does they said it usually takes am hour but I Havnt heard anything yet!

Yeh kitten still alive in her!

Hopefully they will let me! The consultation, X Ray and the injection has already cost me £220.00

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Had the kittens nursed before you took her in? Do you know if they are nursing at the vet? Or are the vet techs syringing them?

Also, are they at your regular vet or an emergency vet?

poppy89

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
It's my regular vets! They are really good
Yeh she is feeding them really well, vet just called to say she is a great mom and kitten number 5 has arrived with the injection, however they just did an ultrasound and yep you guessed it there is yet another kitten inside her

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Oh my word! Hopefully she will deliver this last kitten with no problem too. Then you can bring her home.

I'm glad the kittens are doing well. Poor Poppy! This has been a strain for her. [emoji]128528[/emoji]

Last edited:

poppy89

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you all for all your advice and helping me with all my 100 questions

When she is home and settled I will send some piccy through

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
What an ordeal.  Poor Poppy. And poor you, @poppy89

I just read that you assisted with a couple kitten births last night.  So sad that one didn't make it, but this clearly is not an easy delivery.  I'm glad Poppy is at the vets and that the 5th kitten has arrived.  Hoping the 6th, and hopefully final, kitten arrives quickly and safely.

I'm guessing you must be totally exhausted. Hopefully once Poppy and babies are home, you will be able to get some rest.  And then, yes, post some pictures.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Just let us know how this last birth goes. You'll definitely need a nap today. Poppy will need food and rest too.

handsome kitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
For future reference, there are some agencies that help with vet costs at the bottom of the following article.

[article="32915"]No Money For Vet Care How To Find Help And Save Your Cats Life​[/article]  

Glad to hear Poppy is ok and didn't have to get that c-section.  Those can be hard on mom and recovery isn't all that fun either.  Can't wait to see pictures!