My Poppy is pregnant

newkitties

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My Buttons would've gotten pregnant between the 3rd and 10th of march, and she gave birth the 15th of May, so she was at the earliest 66 days along, but she could've easily been 67, 68, 69, or 70 days. Possibly even a day or so later. 

We were initially going to bring her into the vet on the 14th of May, since we figured she got pregnant closer to the 3rd of march and not the 10th. The vet ended up saying since she wasn't in distress to give her a day or two more before bringing her in (he was a bit concerned about her carrying overdue because of how tiny she is, the bigger the kittens the more difficult on them, but she had a safe birth! She was scared and it got messy and she was yowling while pushing the first few out, but she did well!) and she ended up having six kittens the next day!

But Poppy can't keep them in forever! It'll be soon for sure :)

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

poppy89

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
She is just really sleepy! No more real signs of any labour at the moment!

poppy89

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
She is bless her!

poppy89

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Poppy has taken herself upstairs into a box In my sons rooms, only a few little meows but a lot of heavy real quick breathing! Hope this is it, she is so fed up bless her

poppy89

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I'm up with her, I have set up camp for myself on my sons bedroom floor! Fingers crossed for my little pops

poppy89

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Nope no kittens as of yet! She is wondering from the box to under the bed, she can't make her mind up where she wants to have them bless her! She is def stage 1 of labour tho, panting and licking herself, also very vocal this morning! Hopefully by the end of today she will have her kitties

poppy89

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Poppy just lost her mucus plug (on my lap of all places) she is very nesty and in contracting

poppy89

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Ok so she was lying in her box and she started to straining every 5mins...I could see like a black bubble type thing around he size of a large marble at her vagina, she then licked it and it seem to burst brownish fluid is this normal... She is now straining again for around 5 mins so far

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Sounds like she's pushing. Could be her water broke. Should be a kitten coming out shortly!