My poor Willikins

meowcat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My eight year old Tom, Willikins, has just come back to me after having a rather urgent operation for a urino-tract infection that threatened to ruin his kidney. He had a severe bacterial infection that wasn't responding to antibiotics. His urethra was very inflamed, and there was some necrosis of his genital sheath. When I picked him up from the Vet, I was told they had to replace his urethra with a catheter tube, and re route it through his perineum. I was beside myself. I only thought he was getting his tubes reamed out or something. But the Vet said if he hadn't operated, it might have been too late to cut the "necrotic tissue" away. And when he said "necrotic tissue" he didn't mean a little abscess or anything, he took his whole penis off. Then sent it away to screen for tumour cells.

Now he has to squat to pee like a girl cat, and he isn't very happy. He keeps washing and washing away down there, as if he's looking for his lost willy, then looking up and yeowling quietly.

The thing is, They've removed his Tomhood, but left his nuts alone. This just seems like adding insult to injury. What good is a Tomcat with no Willy, and a pair of rather large Tomcat testicles??

What I'd like to know, is what reason could there possibly be for Bobbitting my poor Willikins, yet leaving him Testiculo intactus? It seems pointless to me.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

meowcat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Shaken

I don't know anything about it... maybe they left them so he wouldn't have to go through a hormone disruption right after a stressful surgery?

Anyway, I'm sorry to hear about your cat's penis.
Thanks Shaken. It's heartbreaking to see him looking in his fur for it. And he has no control over his urine flow, and is dribbling evil smelling Tom spong. Poor baby.